Did you mean: 

Processors

JoelsephBW
Journeyman III

Running a FX-8350 should I upgrade?

Running an FX-8350, 

DDR3 32GB at 1600Mhz,

Nvidia 1060 6GB.

So while if love to upgrade the GPU I think my biggest upgrade would be my CPU. I have a B450 plus and case from a friend I think it needs a back plate. But should I go Ryzen 3000 series or 5600x? I think I need to update the bios though for the 5000 series. I also need to grab some RAM. 

Would it be worth it? Also any recommendations? I have a limited budget so I'd have to save for any upgrades. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Yeah, I'd say its a good time to upgrade, and best of all you already have an AM4 motherboard ready to be updated to AGESA 1.2.0.7 and throw in a Ryzen CPU of your choice, I'd go with a 5600X, all you would then need is some DDR4 RAM.

If you have no use for the older parts, I would personally sell them on the second hand market and put that money towards a better GPU.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
acemodder
Adept I

Your CPU will be bottlenecking the GPU you have for sure.

So upgrading your CPU would also increase your GPU output performance.   

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Yeah, I'd say its a good time to upgrade, and best of all you already have an AM4 motherboard ready to be updated to AGESA 1.2.0.7 and throw in a Ryzen CPU of your choice, I'd go with a 5600X, all you would then need is some DDR4 RAM.

If you have no use for the older parts, I would personally sell them on the second hand market and put that money towards a better GPU.

SAYEDMOHD
Journeyman III

Hi

It will huge performance  upgrade.

Ryzen 5 5600x use less power and provide 4X multithread , 3X single thread which reflects  on games by enhance average  fps.

it's high recommended to upgrade .

0 Likes

Any idea when AGESA 1.2.0.7 launches?   I'm waiting for it, as it fixes the issues with stuttering on AMD for fTPM.

My board is an Asrock X570 steel legend.  

0 Likes