cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

EuwZeka
Adept I

R7 5700X never reach max speed

Hello i have an R7 5700x paired with a b450m Dsh3-CF motherboard the bios is updated so the cpu can work fine , the cpu clock ratio is changed from 3.4 ghz to 4.2 ghz in bios but it's always running at  that speed even when playing latest games never reach 4.6 ghz which is the max speed for that cpu, see the pictures please thanks .

1000016708.jpg

1000016709.jpg

1000016711.jpg

1000016713.jpg

4 Replies
qbtheslayer
Challenger

All core setting means the cores always run at that speed...  need to put it on auto and let PBO do it's magic.

QB

The problem is this cpu won't boot to windows at stock setting and pbo advanced with some settings i copied from the web litterally can't even access bios so i need to open the case and reset the bios manually , only manual oc work and let me boot to windows ...

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

For some games if not a great deal of them, PBO works better than All Core OC due to poor multi core optimizations.

The Englishman
DipakJ27
Adept III

There are a few things that could be causing this problem:

• Your motherboard may not be able to support the higher clock speed.
  • Your CPU cooler may not be able to keep the CPU cool enough to reach its max speed.
  • There may be a problem with your BIOS settings.
  • There may be a problem with your CPU itself.

To troubleshoot the problem, I would recommend the following:

• Check your motherboard's manual to see what the maximum clock speed is for your CPU.
  • Make sure that your CPU cooler is properly installed and that the thermal paste is applied correctly.
  • Reset your BIOS to its default settings and try again.
  • Run a stress test on your CPU to see if it can reach its max speed under load.

If you're still having problems, you may need to contact AMD support for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Dipakjadhav