cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

TH3Eimis
Journeyman III

One core is usually maxed while others are low usage

I've been having this issue for a while now and am looking for a permanent fix by using: task manager->set affinity -> uncheck CPU 0-3
this usually fixes this on most games that allow me to have a stable fps, if it was just high that would be fine but during high loads the usage goes close to 100% and causes my fps to stutter/drop for a second, this also happens in other games like Elden ring and battle bit remastered but since these games use easy anti cheat I cannot change the affinity for them causing me to have to deal with the stuttering and slight screen tear

TH3Eimis_0-1705627114795.png

Specs:

CPU - Ryzen 7 3800X

GPU - RTX 3060 Ti

RAM - 32Gb 3400MHz

0 Likes
5 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

I don't see anything wrong occurring in your screenshot - it's normal for one core to have higher utilization than another based on what process that thread is performing and which core affinity is set to.

If you want to know why a particular core always seems to have the highest load that is set by AMD. You can observe this in Ryzen Master software, it will indicate the best/fastest core with a yellow star and the second best/fastest core with a white dot.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

it's not that the high usage is the issue it is when the usage peeks or has highs it causes stutters, and also most games don't run as high of an fps when I haven't set the CPU affinity Valorant the fps range is higher than without the ranges are from 160-200 without affinity set and 180-210 with affinity set 

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

TH3Eimis, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) during this activity and running Cinebench.

What OS are you running? Please post a screenshot of your Set Affinity screen. Are you running in Game Mode? If so, try turning it off.

AffintyAffinty

Thanks and enjoy.

0 Likes

I have windows 11
game mode is off 

TH3Eimis_0-1705873712960.png

ryzen master when running Cinebench cpu multicore 

Processor affinity below:

TH3Eimis_1-1705873960796.png

TH3Eimis_2-1705873973375.pngTH3Eimis_3-1705873985725.png

0 Likes

Thanks, TH3Eimis. Your RM screenshot is not readable. The forum has done something that seems to ruin all screenshots. Please try attaching the SS file for RM. I am still looking. Where did your Processor affinity SSs come from, W11 Task Manager? Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: Run the game and while it is running, take a screenshot of the affinity for the .exe that is maxed out not RM. Post it here.

0 Likes