Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DeusHades
Journeyman III

My AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700X Reaches 100% CPU Usage Without Any Apps Running

Hello everyone,

I've been encountering an issue recently with my AMD processor. Whenever I boot up my computer, I notice that the CPU usage spikes to 100%, even without any applications open. This is significantly affecting the system performance and causing slowdowns in all operations.

I've checked the Task Manager to identify which process is consuming so much resources, but I can't find anything abnormal. Additionally, I've updated all available drivers for my motherboard and processor, but the problem persists.

I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this kind of situation and if there's any known solution for it. Could it be that some outdated driver or incorrect configuration is causing this issue? Or is there any other measure I can take to resolve this problem?

I appreciate any help or suggestions you can offer.

My setup:

• Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700X
  • Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, AMD AM4, ATX
  • Operating System: Windows 11

Thank you!

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

DeusHades, I doubt there are NO apps running. And remember the OS is running. Please post ALL your parts. John.

0 Likes
FunkZ
Exemplar

If you can't identify what process or service is consuming so much processor utilization then it could be malware. Highly recommend you perform a full system scan.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes