cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Faisal_Febrians24
Journeyman III

Motherboard MSI A320m a pro is it support for Ryzen 5 4600G or not?

Hi all,

I want to ask about this case.  I just bought an amd ryzen 5 4600G processor but when I install it and I turn on my cpu but my monitor does not display the BIOS display or preinstalled windows, only displays no signal and also I have tried to install an old processor (A8 9600) but the problem remains the same only displaying “No signal” in my monitor even though there was no problem at all before. is there any advice regarding this problem?

Has anyone ever experienced a problem like mine?

Thanks and Regards

0 Likes
3 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Firstly you need the BIOS listed here. https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A320M-A-PRO/support#cpu

Second you could try reseating the old CPU and resetting the CMOS. If this works, you would then install the BIOS on from the page above.

If resetting the CMOS does not work, you could try using a discrete GPU to get to BIOS, if it is getting that far.

If none of this works, check your connections to the PSU. This happened to me and I just reseated all the cables and it powered right up. 

Good luck, friend.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
FunkZ
Paragon

To support the Ryzen 5 4600G the BIOS must be flashed to v16 or higher. (2022-05-10)

However, beginning with v16 the support for Bristol Ridge (A8 9600) has been removed.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A320M-A-PRO/support#bios

Some AGESA updates do not allow reverting to a previous BIOS but typically the motherboard manufacturer will note that. You may need to contact MSI support to determine if this is possible with your board.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I didn't pick up that it phased out the old CPU he has. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes