cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Is this Cpu Temp. Normal?

CPU temp.pngCPU Temp 2.png

When I downloaded some games my pc shutdown randomly in the middle of the download and when on idle and it ran at that temperature(above pics.) So I change the stock cooler to Thermalright Assassin Spirit 120 V2 Plus Cpu Cooler. It is still the same temperature. I have no idea if this is normal or I have a defective CPU.  

0 Likes
2 Solutions
FunkZ
Paragon

67°C at idle is not normal and far too high for a Ryzen 5500 - and as the temp did not improve after installing the Thermalright Assassin Spirit (one of the best air coolers available) then there is something wrong with how it is installed or operating. Changing paste is not going to make 30°+ of difference.

Idle temp should be no more than 10°C above ambient. Try removing the side panel of your case and see if temps improve. Also remove the cooler and take a pic of what the paste imprint looks like on top of the CPU and the bottom of the cold plate.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

View solution in original post

CPU Temp Normal.pngCinebench Test.pngRyzen Master Temp.png

So I decided to reseat the CPU and clean the CPU(not that it need much cleaning) Because its has been a month since I got the CPU. And then I reapplied the thermal paste. The temperature seem to be going down a lot. 

Thank you all. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Cpu Temp 3.png

...1 section of CS:GO later. 

0 Likes

its not normal on 65W TDP maybe change thermal paste. CPU coller is okay but it depends if you get enough air into the case or not it can also affect a lot of CPU cooling

Thank you for your replied. The case I'm using is Gamdias RGB ATX GD Talos E3 Mesh. I'm using the thermal paste that came with the thermalright cooler. (thermalright thermal paste)...Should I try and go for a AIO cooler? 

0 Likes

For 65W TDP its not wort it like i have Ryzen 9 7900X and i have NZXT KRAKEN 360 but i have 170W TDP. I don't understand how you can have problems with temperatures, you have a good case and a good CPU cooler for this processor. My friend has the same processor and he also has problems to get below 60 degrees, it is possible that this type of processor is bad to cool, I don't know, but I think that until it reaches 95 degrees it will be fine. I had an intel i5 6 core and it was also 65W and there I had a maximum of 60 degrees at full load (the cooler was Artic 3 or something like that) , so for me once the processor has more than 80 degrees at full load I don't like it because it "burns" too much, but those processors are built for such temperatures especially Ryzen processors. If you get over 95 degrees the processor will start to underclock which is not the best for gaming because your fps will go down but you will be sure that the processor will not burn up. But definitely keep the cooler for me it's good that you bought a better cooler and if you got it for the new AM5 sockets you will have a cooler for the newer generations and in about 3 years I would see the processor to upgrade. It's possible that Grizzly thermal paste could help you, they have the best thermal paste so in a year or half a year depending on how you are financially and I would try to buy Grizzly (1g costs around 15 euros in central europe)

Thank you for your time helping me out. I'm Really appreciated. Since this is my very first pc build after using my 12years old pre-built pc. (Been saving for this new build) That's what I'm afraid of. The more temperature goes up the more tear would do to the cpu; which lead to damage cpu. I will look forward to try out your Grizzly thermal paste suggestion. Fingers crossed hope it would lower the temperature. Once again. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day/afternoon/evening.  

0 Likes
FunkZ
Paragon

67°C at idle is not normal and far too high for a Ryzen 5500 - and as the temp did not improve after installing the Thermalright Assassin Spirit (one of the best air coolers available) then there is something wrong with how it is installed or operating. Changing paste is not going to make 30°+ of difference.

Idle temp should be no more than 10°C above ambient. Try removing the side panel of your case and see if temps improve. Also remove the cooler and take a pic of what the paste imprint looks like on top of the CPU and the bottom of the cold plate.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

CPU Temp Normal.png

Sorry, I did not take the pic. of the imprint on the copper plate, because I did not read your replied in time. After I have reseat, clean, and re-thermal paste the CPU. The temperature seem to be lower. 

Thank you so much for your replied.  

misterj
Big Boss

1famouschimken, please DL Ryzen Master (RM) and if you can install it, please post a screenshot of RM running Cinebench R24 multi-core. Thanks, John.

0 Likes

CPU Temp Normal.pngCinebench Test.pngRyzen Master Temp.png

So I decided to reseat the CPU and clean the CPU(not that it need much cleaning) Because its has been a month since I got the CPU. And then I reapplied the thermal paste. The temperature seem to be going down a lot. 

Thank you all. 

Ryzen 7 5700x Overheating Issues

Here is my PC configuration....

1. Processor: Ryzen 7 5700x

2. Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming B450M-pro II

3. AIO liquid cooler: Deepcool 240

4. Stock casing fan: 8 piece 180mm

5. Nvme hp ex900 1tb

6. Optane memory 32gb

7. Gpu: MSI GeForce GTX 1650 Oc Edition

8. Ram: Adata 3200 Mhz 32 gb 16gb+16gb

9. Psu: Corsair 550 w

The CPU temperature starts at 50°C to 55°C when I turn on my PC. When I run heavy software or games, the temperature increases rapidly due to excessive heat in the CPU. Even when the PC is idle, the CPU temperature remains at 50°C to 55°C.

Please Give me the correct solution  

Screenshot_20240529-210651.png

0 Likes

As mentioned in this post. My CPU went 67°C on idle. When gaming its went to 82°C. So i reseated my CPU, clean it, and re-thermal paste. And i got the temperature down tremendously. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes