cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gkhay
Journeyman III

pcie slot not working, no display

a few days ago my pc black screened & monitor showed no signal. my GPU LED’s turned off as well and the VGA mobo light was on. troubleshot my monitor and DP cable and they were working, began looking at possible GPU issues. found that putting my GPU into the second PCIe slot fixed my issue: no VGA light, GPU LED’s work, monitor gets signal. I tested another GPU in the first slot and I also had no signal; GPU is ruled out. tried booting with only one RAM stick and GPU in the original PCIe slot and it booted as normal but crashed after about 10 minutes. tried this RAM stick in every slot, and the other stick in every slot and it no longer booted at all. no GPU LED’s, white VGA mobo light, no signal on monitor. the rest of my PC powers up fine, all fans, LED’s and everything work. the cpu heatsink fans work and the LED’s work. I do not hear any beeps when booting up but I do hear the windows sound (like the login screen pulling up). i believe it may be a CPU issue but i’m not sure and i want to avoid spending money replacing components to figure out what it is. any help is appreciated.

specs:

gpu: gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce 3070-Ti

cpu: AMD ryzen 7 3800x (with corsair h100x cooler)

mobo: asus TUF x570 PLUS WIFI

psu: corsair CX750m

ram: corsair vengeance RGB DDR4 C18 DIMM 32 GB (16gb x2)

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

gkhay, why???? Please contact your MB vendor for an RMA. John.

0 Likes