Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Hessebear
Journeyman III

Is the Ryzen 5 2600 playable?

Hey AMD-Community,

i am looking forward to build my first gaming-computer.  My simple question is: "Is it possible to play with 100-120 FPS with the Ryzen 5 2600 on high video settings or should i go for the 3600?"

If neccessary:  graphics card:  Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT PULSE 8GB GDDR6

RAM : 16GB G.Skill SniperX Urban Camouflage DDR4-3600 DIMM CL19 Dual Kit

I want you to know, that all i want, is playing games(like LoL, Rocket League, Fortnite, Warzone, Battlefield)  on high video settings in full HD.  So far, i played on a laptop with an Intel Core i5-6200U( just two cores) with low video settings. Thats why demands are not that high. 

I hope, that you can help me and i am sorry for my bad english.

0 Likes
2 Replies

I can't promise what FPS you will get. You did not mention at what resolution you are playing and that is a big factor. At 1080p the CPU makes a bigger difference and 2 & 4k it is more on the GPU. The best thing to look at are benchmark reviews of your games you play. Or youtubers that post those games with a 3600 and your GPU for instance.

If it were me I think the 3600 at this point is well worth the extra performance you will get from it over a 2600. 

This video has 25 games tested at 1080 & 1440 with 3600 and 5500xt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xzKW5cr13g

0 Likes

I want to play in FHD (1080p). 

0 Likes