cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Nachmanowicz
Journeyman III

Is it even possible? 5700X CPU that can't have mobo onboard audio.

So I was looking into buying this guy's 5700X and he reported me it is defective: it can't get no onboard audio from mobos. Not from the back, nor the case. And while I was reading it I was really confused, because it doesn't seem like it is possible that it is a CPU problem. He said he tried it with a different CPU and it works. And he also said he tried it with different CPUs and it also works. But it still rings weird to me.

Is it even possible that a CPU has this specific problem??!?!?

0 Likes
3 Replies

In the past there was an issue with USB disconnecting and reconnecting but that was solved by AMD and Motherboard Manufacturers with BIOS updates. This issue affect only the 400 & 500 series Motherboards.

I don't see how the processor would affect the Motherboard's Audio since it doesn't have an Integrated Graphics on it.

The motherboard has its own Audio graphics drivers. The only way possible that the Motherboard Audio would not work is if the User has a GPU card installed and is connected to a Audio Device which is made the Default Audio Device which would then use the GPU Driver's HD AUDIO driver and not the Motherboard's driver.

In Window's Sound Panel if the Audio Device that is connected to the GPU is the Main Default Audio Device that will automatically disable the Motherboard's audio.

As an example only here is my Window's Sound Panel with my Bluetooth Headset as the Default Audio Device:

Screenshot 2023-01-18 214124.png

Since your friend says his Motherboard Audio works with other CPUs but not with the 5700X I also find surprising.

The AMD 5700X has, as far as I am aware of, nothing to do with the Motherboard's or GPU Audio drivers.

0 Likes

He said the audio worked just fine with GPU audio or other USB audio... I also find that to be extremely weird.

ThreeDee
Paragon

Never heard of that before as it's usually a Realtek chip on the motherboard that controls onboard audio .. 

BUTT!.. try updating the motherboards BIOS to the latest available for that motherboard .. AND .. install the latest AM4 chipset drivers from  AMD.com

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes