cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gustherider
Journeyman III

HELP, CPU TEMP ryzen 5700G

i'm a new pc guy and just received my monitor but have come to find out my cpu temp is going to 60-82 degrees when just in a game loading screen like apex for example... ive got the stock fan that comes with the processor which came with thermal paste applied to it already... 3 extra corsair fans i brought and 3 already installed fans onto the case i have excluding the power supply fan.... what am i doing wrong? these temps wont go down, please help.

0 Likes
9 Replies

I would upgrade the AMD Stealth CPU Cooler to a more powerful CPU Cooler.

The Maximum Operating Temperature for your APU 5700G is 95C with a CPU Cooler TDP rating of 65 Watts.

So for the CPU Cooler you have anything at or below 85C is fine. But if the temperature reaches above 90c for long periods, several minutes, of time, then I suggest you purchase a better CPU Cooler.

The AMD Wraith Stealth is considered to be the weakest of the AMD CPU Coolers even though it is adequate enough to keep your processor from overheating during normal PC use.

There are many inexpensive powerful Air CPU Coolers like the Cooler Master Hyper 212 as an example. Or you can install a AIO Liquid CPU Cooler which are generally more expensive.

0 Likes

So just a water cooler upgrade would do the trick as well as replacing the thermal paste? i don't want to waste money if its not gonna solve it

0 Likes

If you processor is not going past 85c - 90C during game playing then no need to upgrade. 

You should worry if the temperature goes above 85c constantly and reaches 95c too often under heavy loads.

The Maximum Operating Temperature of your 5700G is 95C. This means that the processor was engineered to run safely up to 95C. But once it starts to reach or reaches 95c it automatically throttles or slows down to keep the temperature at or below 95C.

It is best, in my opinion, to keep the processor running as cool as possible. At least at or under 80C. But it won't damage the processor if you run it above 80c but below 95c.

A Air CPU Cooler is cheaper but takes up more space while a AIO Liquid CPU Cooler is more expensive.

Its up to you on how comfortable you feel with the temperature of your processor under heavy loads. Like I mentioned the AMD Wraith Stealth is the weakest of the Wraith CPU Coolers.

0 Likes

i get 2fps though, is this because of the temp?

0 Likes

If the temperature is below 95C probably not. It probably needs to be configured better in game settings or Radeon Settings and Windows settings.

Could also be a AMD Driver or Windows issue with the game or the game itself.

Make sure you have all the latest game patches installed.

Someone else will need to help you with that since I am not a gamer.

AMD Red Team has a Gaming Discussion Forum if interested in asking there. Maybe someone can show you how to configure the game or which driver works the best from here: https://community.amd.com/t5/gaming-discussions/bd-p/red-team-discussions

0 Likes

oh okay, when starting up a game im at lets say 40 degrees which gives me over 200fps on loadup of the game but when it reaches the actual menu i get 70 to 82 degrees with 2 fps so im not sure, i done so much research but nothing seems to fix the fps problem of mine.

0 Likes

What is the speed of the processor when the game is running at 2 fps?

That would indicate if the processor is throttling or slowing down to keep the temperature down.

Otherwise I have no other suggestion concerning the game itself.

Try opening a thread at Blizzard Forums and see if any other Users are having the same problem with FPS or open a Blizzard Tech Support ticket.

They can probably tell you if it is a hardware or driver or game issue.

70-82C shouldn't cause the processor to slow down to the point where it affects your FPS in a game. Sounds more like a Configuration or driver issue.

Follow the steps in troubleshooting when the game crashes that I posted in my previous reply. It might fix your problem.

Also try to run the game at it most basic or minimum settings to see if the same thing occurs. If it doesn't then you will know it is a game setting causing the problem.

0 Likes

Read this Blizzard thread about the 5700g and World Of Warcraft: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ryzen-5-7-which-g-should-i-get-for-gpuless-wow-for-now/10597...

One User mentioned. Of course this is their own opinion:

Screenshot 2021-12-14 200913.png

0 Likes

Some game engines run up cpu/gpu in game menu when vsync is off (i've seen 1900+ fps in some) and temps rise very quickly.

You should also ask on the game support forum as to possible compatibility issues.

And you don't need a water cooler on that processor, a good air cooler would be sufficient.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes