cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

inboxkittencrash
Journeyman III

constant crashing ingames and when typing this thread gG

I get either full restart without bsod or i get bsod crash.

According to even viewer i get this error : 

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor APIC ID: 4

The details view of this entry contains further information.

I checked the dmp file using the application "who crashed"

and it gives me this info 

On Thu 12/16/2021 4:53:27 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file: C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WHEA\WHEA-20211216-0453.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0xA3440F) Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF998F7E820020, 0xBAA00000, 0x50118) Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA). This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

System : 

Ryzen 5 3500x 

RTX 3060 ti

16GB DDR4 3200 (XMP) * Crashes with and without XMP.

1x 1TB SSD NVME M2 windows drive * I have run tests to check the drive for errors and found nothing.

It's also very newly bought 2 weeks old.

Motherboard : PRIME A520M-K (newly updated bios to see if it would solve the issue and nada)

PSU : BeQuiet Pure Power 11 FM 750W (bought this one 1 week ago because i thought the issue was at first due to old PSU)

Im using bitlocker for encryption.

I have updated all the drivers and reinstalled windows a bunch of times.

Right now im win 11 but crashes on win 10 aswell.

I have run chkdsk to check drive.

I have checked temps while gaming and etc and never above 80c (usually 70-80 in the middle ish on the cpu)

I haved removed dust and reseated ram cpu gpu etc etc.

I have tried to run amd overdrive but i get instantly bsod crash when trying to open it.

The new AMD ryzen master can open but i have to note it says i can not overclock my cpu 

and i dont want to i also have not overclocked the cpu in bios

crashes are not only ingames but can happen when idling or when browsing the web or doing anything at all

i have tried diff power brick diff power outlet diff power cable to psu 

i have also tried alot more stuff but i really cant remember everything but i tried to note it all down

link to dump file : https://ufile.io/7jkd8eca

0 Likes
0 Replies