cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Ingrid
Journeyman III

hardware upgrade

Hi everyone, I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop, its processor is AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) and HD Graphics 2.70 GHz. Can I upgrade it? I look forward for your response.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Depends if your Mobile Laptop processor is soldered to the motherboard or not.

If it is soldered than you won't be able to upgrade since it will cost more than your laptop is worth.

If the processor can be upgraded you will need to open a Toshiba Support to find out which Mobile processor your laptop will be compatible with and your Laptop's BIOS will support.

NOTE: You can use SPECCY or CPU-Z to find out what Laptop motherboard Socket the A6-440M processor uses. Most laptop motherboard sockets the processor are soldered and can't be upgraded especially the older type of laptops.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Depends if your Mobile Laptop processor is soldered to the motherboard or not.

If it is soldered than you won't be able to upgrade since it will cost more than your laptop is worth.

If the processor can be upgraded you will need to open a Toshiba Support to find out which Mobile processor your laptop will be compatible with and your Laptop's BIOS will support.

NOTE: You can use SPECCY or CPU-Z to find out what Laptop motherboard Socket the A6-440M processor uses. Most laptop motherboard sockets the processor are soldered and can't be upgraded especially the older type of laptops.