Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

stalker46
Adept I

MSI B450M-PRO VDH/Ryzen 3600 - No POST/No display

Hello,

I have some issues with my new build : everything turns on, fans spinning but no post, no display.

Here my config :

- Ryzen 5 3600 (also tried with Ryzen 5 2600, no success)

- Gamerstorm Captain 240X

- MSI B450M PRO-VDH

- 2*8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)

- Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 4GB

- EVGA 600BR (600w)

- WD Blue SN550 NVME M2 500Gb

If i try without RAM, I get 3 beeps. With RAM, no light on EZ Debug but nothing on screen. Any advice? 

Thanks! 

1 Solution

Ultimately, I gave up and bought a Gigabyte B550M-DS3H... And everything works! Even the RAM @3200 (XMP profile). So that was definitely a defective motherboard. Thanks again for your time and your help!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Make sure your Monitor is connected to your GPU card's Video Outputs and not the Motherboard's Video Outputs which is for a AMD APU (Processor with Integrated Graphics).

How do you have your monitor connected to your computer? Are you using an Adapter by any chance?

When you turn on Power, is the Computer Case HDD/SDD LED Light blinking or on all the time? If it is then it indicates your PC is booting up but you have no video output.

If you purchased your Motherboard in 2020 it should have the minimum BIOS Version "7A38vM7.zip" (07/12/2019) installed or a higher version: Support For B450M PRO-VDH | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

If it has a BIOS version ending in "M6" or less than it won't recognize your Processor and it won't boot up.

Also I couldn't locate your Corsair RAM Part number for the Ryzen 3000 QVL List for your motherboard. Remove all your RAM Sticks EXCEPT for one and see if it boots up: Support For B450M PRO-VDH | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

IF it is due to the RAM not being compatible with the processor you can try to manually change the RAM Speed to a lower speed and see if it boots with one RAM Stick installed.

Also make sure you have all the PSU Motherboard Power connections connected. Especially the 6 or 8 Pin Aux Power. Sometimes if the Motherboard's 6 or 8 Pin Aux Power is not connected the computer won't boot up.

stalker46
Adept I

Hello elstaci, thanks for your detailled answer!

Here mine :

• Make sure your Monitor is connected to your GPU card's Video Outputs and not the Motherboard's Video Outputs which is for a AMD APU (Processor with Integrated Graphics). Yes, directly in the RX580, I tried the DVI and the HDMI.

• How do you have your monitor connected to your computer? Are you using an Adapter by any chance? I first tried with my TV (LG C8) via HDMI, then to a Samsung PC monitor (S22E450) via HDMI to DVI adapter then to DVI to DVI.

• When you turn on Power, is the Computer Case HDD/SDD LED Light blinking or on all the time? If it is then it indicates your PC is booting up but you have no video output. No blinking at all.

• If you purchased your Motherboard in 2020 it should have the minimum BIOS Version "7A38vM7.zip" (07/12/2019) installed or a higher version: Support For B450M PRO-VDH | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global. I bought the MB used (but should be working) so I have no idea of the BIOS version.

• If it has a BIOS version ending in "M6" or less than it won't recognize your Processor and it won't boot up. I tried with a brand new Ryzen 5 2600 (the MD should be Ryzen 2000 ready out of the box) without success.

• Also I couldn't locate your Corsair RAM Part number for the Ryzen 3000 QVL List for your motherboard. Remove all your RAM Sticks EXCEPT for one and see if it boots up: Support For B450M PRO-VDH | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global . I bought today a HyperX Kingston 8GB 300Mhz (HX432C16FB3/8) as it's on the list but same issue.
  • IF it is due to the RAM not being compatible with the processor you can try to manually change the RAM Speed to a lower speed and see if it boots with one RAM Stick installed. I can't POST so unfortunately I can't enter in the BIOS.

• Also make sure you have all the PSU Motherboard Power connections connected. Especially the 6 or 8 Pin Aux Power. Sometimes if the Motherboard's 6 or 8 Pin Aux Power is not connected the computer won't boot up. Yes, the 8 Pin is connected. However I heard a little noise coming for the PSU (brand new one). Is it possible the PSU is faulty (despite the fans spin)?

Thanks again!

0 Likes

Since your motherboard was bought used, it is a good place to start to see if you received a defective Motherboard.

Did your buy your motherboard at Ebay or Amazon Marketplace or was it given to you by a family or friend?

Since you installed two good CPUs and both failed to boot up it sounds like it is your motherboard since no Trouble EZ Debug lights up or it is defective PSU.

What type of noise do you hear from the PSU?  The noise could be Coil Whine due to the high voltage running in the PSU electronic parts.

You can always check the 12/5.0/3.3 Vdc outputs from the PSU and make sure they are with 5% tolerances with a cheap digital Multi-Meter. 

Make sure you have your PSU set for the correct power input from the wall socket. Most have a 120/220 vac switch.

But if your PSU is brand new it is likely your motherboard is defective. I mean you could have received a DOA PSU from EVGA.

When you turn on Power, is the Computer Case HDD/SDD LED Light blinking or on all the time? If it is then it indicates your PC is booting up but you have no video output. No blinking at all.

When you mentioned " NO BLINKING AT ALL" was the HDD/SDD LED on the computer case lit on all the time or it never turned on?

Is the Power LED light on in your computer case when you power up?

Also you mentioned that with no RAM installed you received 3 beeps, Your EZ Debug light should have turned on indicating RAM Issue. If it didn't, in my personal opinion, it sounds like a defective Motherboard.

To isolate the hardware it is best to remove everything from your Motherboard except Keyboard & Mouse, Monitor, GPU card, One RAM Stick, CPU, & PSU and Windows Drive.  This will narrow down the amount of hardware components to check and eliminate any other type of hardware that could have prevented your PC from booting up.

Try opening a MSI Support ticket and see what they say even though your Motherboard is not under Warranty any more. Maybe the can give you suggestions on what is the problem.

Otherwise I am out of suggestions until you find another Motherboard to test your hardware out.

By the way, Thanks for the great answer back. Appreciate it. Hopefully you will get your computer running.

0 Likes

Ultimately, I gave up and bought a Gigabyte B550M-DS3H... And everything works! Even the RAM @3200 (XMP profile). So that was definitely a defective motherboard. Thanks again for your time and your help!

why don't you mark you last reply about being a defective Motherboard as "Correct" so that other Users will know what fixed your problems.

Take care.

0 Likes

I think it is lack of selection desicion.Always buy thing from guaranteed places like amazon or ebay.My friend also faced this problem.he remove his RAM,Now it is ok and is working on extensive sites like juicerhunter.

0 Likes