cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Svein
Journeyman III

FPS Drops On Valorant and Fortnite and Call of Duty

Hi, i have fps drops even to 10 in games like valorant fortnite cod, can someone help me? (r9 5900x rtx 3090) 

0 Likes
19 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Svein, we need much more information more information on your system. 

Please run Cinebench R24 multi-core and post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM). Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Svein_0-1708718076198.png   

0 Likes

Svein_0-1708719866237.png

0 Likes

Svein, please do a Clear CMOS, install the latest RM, get out of creator mode and run Cinebench again. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

its now 763 pts, i cant take screenshot i  dont know why 

0 Likes

so I may be wrong, but it's probably a worse result

0 Likes

Svein, I need to see the screenshot of RM. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Svein_0-1708734783011.png

i did it 

0 Likes

quality is bad, idk why, sorry

0 Likes

Thanks, Svein. Much better after I clicked the + sign. It also identified the problem. More than half the cores are sleeping! And PPT meter is in the red, meaning throttling. Have you done a Clear CMOS and made NO changes since? If not please do, then run CB and post a SS. You still have not posted all you parts. Please do. Your processor is a 5900 not 5900X. You need to talk to your seller and see what they sold you. The seller's BIOS may be setting these limits which are killing your performance. Sorry, John.

0 Likes

Its dell alienware r10, is it possible to unlock max PPT etc.?

0 Likes

Sorry, I cannot answer your question, you need to ask Dell. Have you tried to change PPT with RM? Here is  SS of my old 3970X:

RM-Profile.png

Enjoy, John.

EDIT: The initial limits are the maximums possible. I suggest care here and lowering the limits to reasonable numbers.

0 Likes

65 ppt is max

0 Likes

Svein, where in RM? Can you set it to 100? Please post a SS of RM.  John.

0 Likes

Svein_0-1708805366635.png

65 is max. btw should i update my bios to the newest version?

0 Likes

Svein_1-1708805471256.png

0 Likes

Thanks, Svein. Looks like you are stuck between PPT being over the limit and not being able to change the limit. The red meter indicates throttling due to PPT. I have no explanation why four cores are sleeping and two are barely running. You will need to talk to Dell. I suggest you ask why you have 5900 not a 5900X and about the poor performance. Best of luck, John.

0 Likes

should i update bios to the newest version?

0 Likes

Svein, always keep the BIOS at the latest level. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes