Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

WildWestWizard
Journeyman III

Buying new pc (From Intel to AMD)

Hey,

I would like to know if the specs of this PC are going to work fine? (first time building AMD PC)

The specs:

CPU
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X AM4 Tray

CPU Fan
Arctic Liquid Freezer II - 280

Motherboard
Gigabyte B550 VISION D

Ram
DDR 4 16G (8Gx2) 4400 AORUS RGB Gigabyte

Case
Corsair iCUE 465X RGB Mid-Tower Smart Case Black

Power Supply
Corsair RM750 750W PSU 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Case Fans
Arctic Freezer 7 X

GPU
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GV-N306TEAGLE OC-8GD 2.0

SSD
Gigabyte AORUS SSD M.2 PCIE NVMe 500GB

Hard drive
Seagate HDD 2.0TB 256MB SATA3 Barracuda

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nagrenol
Challenger

Hi,

I built my first AMD pc last year and this is what everyone recommended to use

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ 

It will show any potential mismatches with you parts. Really useful

I stuck in most of your parts and got the following

Potential Issues / Incompatibilities

• Warning!The Gigabyte B550 VISION D ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor with BIOS version F10. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU.
  • Note:The Gigabyte AORUS RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-4400 CL20 Memory operating voltage of 1.5 V exceeds the AMD Zen 3 CPU recommended maximum of 1350 mv+7% (1444.5 mv). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1350 mv voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the AMD recommended maximum.
  • Note:Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Nagrenol
Challenger

Hi,

I built my first AMD pc last year and this is what everyone recommended to use

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ 

It will show any potential mismatches with you parts. Really useful

I stuck in most of your parts and got the following

Potential Issues / Incompatibilities

• Warning!The Gigabyte B550 VISION D ATX AM4 Motherboard supports the AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor with BIOS version F10. If the motherboard is using an older BIOS version, upgrading the BIOS will be necessary to support the CPU.
  • Note:The Gigabyte AORUS RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-4400 CL20 Memory operating voltage of 1.5 V exceeds the AMD Zen 3 CPU recommended maximum of 1350 mv+7% (1444.5 mv). This memory module may run at a reduced clock rate to meet the 1350 mv voltage recommendation, or may require running at a voltage greater than the AMD recommended maximum.
  • Note:Some physical dimension restrictions cannot (yet) be automatically checked, such as cpu cooler / RAM clearance with modules using tall heat spreaders.