cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Vanchy213
Adept II

AMD RYZEN 9 7950X Crash

Hi, Im triying to put Vcore at 1.225v and Clock ratio to 53.00., when I start cinebench the pc crash all the time.

Components:

Motherboard : Gigabyte AORUS x670E Master 

Bios version : F13

RAM : Corsair Platinum 4x16 6600Mhz(running at 5000Mhz)

Cpu cooler : Gigabyte AORUS WATERFORCE X 360 

CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 

2 Solutions

Tried to run these values to downgrade the temperature , with stock voltage the cpu running at 75C+ iddle , with PBO 60C+ .... On eco mode running at 45-50C iddle but at 4.3Ghz.

View solution in original post

Hi, do a visit at my rig post, Raphael, to check my settings and cinebench scores.

Eco Mode does not limit the CPU to 4.3 or at least it should not. When I enable EcoMode 105 I can still get 5.8ghz boost.

You shouldn't be using fixed voltages, thats for manual all core overclock.

Try using board defined negative offset undervolting.

Then while using EcoMode enable PBO, don't leave it at Auto (this can be board specific), curve optimizer can be your friend.

Last time I benched, managed 38k with EcoMode 105, PBO enabled, CO at -15 (actually not sure with this one lol) and offset undervolt. But you can increase boosting by 200mhz or increase scalar.

Good luck 

The Englishman

View solution in original post

19 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Vanchy213, my first question is why? If you do a Clear CMOS and run Cinebench is all OK? Please post a few Event Viewer BASIC VIEW tabs for the crashes. Thanks, John.

I cleared the CMOS, but my PC still shuts down. This is a brand new build. I was also able to run Cinebench with stock values, PBO Enhancement, and PBO values. However, when I change the Vcore, Cinebench crashes and the PC shuts down. I really want to run my PC at 1.225V at 5.3GHz.

 Stock score

lllllllll.jpg

PBO 

llll.jpg

Vanchy213, again I ask you why? What makes you think you can run these values? Looks like you are not running Cinebench R24. Your score would be closer to 2000. I do not have an answer for you and suggest you post on an Overclocking forum. Enjoy, John.

Tried to run these values to downgrade the temperature , with stock voltage the cpu running at 75C+ iddle , with PBO 60C+ .... On eco mode running at 45-50C iddle but at 4.3Ghz.

Hi, do a visit at my rig post, Raphael, to check my settings and cinebench scores.

Eco Mode does not limit the CPU to 4.3 or at least it should not. When I enable EcoMode 105 I can still get 5.8ghz boost.

You shouldn't be using fixed voltages, thats for manual all core overclock.

Try using board defined negative offset undervolting.

Then while using EcoMode enable PBO, don't leave it at Auto (this can be board specific), curve optimizer can be your friend.

Last time I benched, managed 38k with EcoMode 105, PBO enabled, CO at -15 (actually not sure with this one lol) and offset undervolt. But you can increase boosting by 200mhz or increase scalar.

Good luck 

The Englishman

Can you send me your RIG? 

Here you have it, scroll down to my tweaking values and cinebench scores.

RAPHAEL

Note!

These are not my current values as I keep tweaking all the time.

The Englishman

Vanchy213, maximum temperature for the 7950X is 95C. Your temperatures a just fine. Enjoy, John.

First your AMD Ryzen 9 7950X has a very high TDP Rating of 175 Watts and Maximum Operating Temperature of 95c.

From AMD Specs:

Default TDP
170W

Max. Operating Temperature (Tjmax)
95°C

This means you will need a very powerful Liquid CPU Cooler and the one you have is made to cool a ThreadRipper processor that has similar TDP Ratings as your processor so it shouldn't run so hot.

You mentioned it was running at stock speeds at idle around 75c. This would indicate that you have a CPU Cooler issue or problem.

Either the AIO is not installed correctly or it isn't working correctly. I would open a Gigabyte Support Warranty ticket and ask them if they believe your AIO needs to be checked.

As long as your processor doesn't run above 95c you are within its engineered safe temperature range. But it shouldn't run so hot at idle.

Make sure the AIO pump is working and liquid is circulating, that the Radiator Fans are running at full speed when the processor is  getting hot. Use the Gigabyte own AIO controlling program to make a aggressive Fan profile so that it runs at full speed at a lower temperature.

Unless I misread your last reply, I believe you have a AIO CPU Cooler problem and no need to try to run the processor at a lower voltage but higher speeds which is causing your PC to become unstable.

Hi, but when the processor run at 4.3Ghz the iddle temp low to 40-43C, the problem is the AIO anyway? 

Okay I getting confused with some of your replies.

If your processor at idle is around lower 40's that is good and the AIO is doing it job of cooling your CPU.

What is it like under heavy loads? Does the CPU processor go into the 90's temperature ?

If your processor doesn't reach like 80-85c under very heavy loads or under Stress then your AIO is doing doing a good job of keeping your CPU from overheating and no need to mess with the CPU's voltages.

If you want your CPU to automatically overclock than in BIOS enable PBO and other related BIOS Settings.

But if you want the CPU to run faster than its safety range than you do need to manually tweak in BIOS the CPU parameters. I suggest you go to a Overclocking website to get help since you can damage your CPU and the Warranty would be voided by AMD.

Than see what type of CPU temperatures you are getting under any loads. If less than 90c than you are fine.

As for your CPU frequencies, it should fluctuate and with PBO enabled it should go above its normal range of speed but still be in the processor's safety range.

You should only be worried if your CPU temps start to reach 95c or above. That is when you need to start troubleshooting your AIO and CPU and related hardware.

NOTE: The CPU temperatures are affected by many conditions such as a hot ambient room temperature, poor internal PC Case air circulation, AIO issues, etc.

I believe @Vanchy213 system is idling at 70 when stock TDP values are used and 40ish when EcoMode is used.

But please do confirm.

The Englishman

Yes, indeed. But in eco mode the Ghz stay 4.3Ghz. Yesterday I notice that the minimum temperature on Eco Mode was 38C.

So if your processor in not on "ECO MODE" then the idle temperature increases to an average in the mid 70cs?

Then I would open a Gigabyte Warranty and see if you need to turn in your AIO to be checked.

I don't know how but I reinstalled my windows and drivers, I also changed the RAM to version 5600mhz 4x16 and everything running great with stock values I have now 30C idle and 90C when running cinebench with a 35k score. 

Sounds much better. Run it for some time now and cofirm stability, later on you can tweak a little more if you wish.

Good luck with the rig

The Englishman
Vanchy213
Adept II

Hello, I would like to thanks to everyone help me in this post.

Here the update now I running stable with a PBO curve all core -30  and have these results:

Vanchy213_0-1708307309280.pngVanchy213_1-1708307346451.pngVanchy213_2-1708307356638.jpeg

0 Likes
jameswookyz
Journeyman III

0 Likes
jameswookyz
Journeyman III

Yes, indeed. But in eco mode the Ghz stay 4.3Ghz.

projectfreetv.onl

waplus

0 Likes