cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Whaff
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X FPU 164 degrees Celsius CCD1 (Tdie)

In some conditions, the browser loads my processor at 90%. At the same time, after 30 seconds-3 minutes, my computer simply turned off. I turned on Hwinfo where I saw that my CPU was heating up to 100+ degrees celsius. After that, I ran the AIDA CPU stress test. The processor slowly warmed up to 82 degrees. After that I ran the FPU test. The computer worked for 2 seconds and turned off. In the errors I saw the message:

Whaff_0-1725483054573.png

After that I ran the test for just 1 second, in that 1 second the CPU heated up from 40 degrees to 100 degrees. I barely had time to turn off the test to avoid shutdown.

I turned off game boost and XMP in the BIOS, but that did not solve the problem. The problem occurs exclusively when using the FPU

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

Whaff, since you told us almost nothing about your system I can only guess there is something seriously wrong with your processor cooler. List all your parts and inspect your cooler to make sure all fans and pump are running and that the processor cooler is mounted correctly. John.

0 Likes