cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kazezxc
Journeyman III

Hitting 95-100% CPU Usage causing stutters and input lag when playing Apex Legends

CPU Usage from Task Manager

1.png

Video Example of Stuttering and Performance Stats on Top Left

Specs: RTX 2070, Ryzen 7 5700x, 16GB 3200mhz

For Valorant, I understand it would eat 50-60% of CPU Usage since it's a CPU intensive game and barely uses GPU. However, for Apex Legends I don't know why this occurs to me as average players only range around 20-40% CPU Usage with Apex Legends.

Average Temperature of the CPU is 60 degrees.

6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

kazezxc, list all your components and post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) Advanced view when this occurs. Windows is a very poor reporter of CPU usage.

Here you go! This is what it looks like while playing Apex Legends.

3.png

0 Likes

kazezxc, post Advanced View of RM and none of the other stuff. John.

0 Likes

My apologies, here you go!123.png

0 Likes
yasuoo4
Journeyman III

Mine did the same, my gig:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-core

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: CORSAIR RGB 32GB

AIO CPU COOLER: CORSAIR - iCUE H100i ELITE LCD XT 120mm

I had the problem of me loading COD for 5-10 mins and overheating my CPU from 45 Celsius to 85. I read all the articles and supposedly AMD 7 Series are made to perform at this degree. In another word, 70-90 degree celsius is normal.

Problem was, this was overheating my room (literally) and so to resolve this I undervolt the CPU in bios. Here's a video I suggest following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaOYYHNGlLs&list=LL&index=10

Hope this helps! 

0 Likes

It's not about the temperature actually, since my CPU temperature hits 60-65% at most. The issue is mainly Apex Legends taking up 60-80% CPU usage in which I don't think it should be doing.

0 Likes