cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gorkemkurban
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X High Temperature

Hello, I know that these processors run at 95C, which is nothing to be afraid of, but I want to lower this temperature and I need suggestions. I bought my computer last year and I have never done a BIOS update or overclocked it. The reason I didn't do a BIOS update is that when I tried to do it, I closed the Ez Flash application and restarted the PC and the screen never came up. Then I installed Windows 11 and started using it, I have been using it like this for a year, but what worries me is that in some games the temperature does not drop below 80C degrees, but in some games it hovers between 60-70. In Enshrouded, for example, I see 89C at 100% usage during shader loading when the game opens. These temperatures are not what I am used to, I was using an old processor before and I saw 70C at most. But with this processor I can see 70C even when watching videos on YouTube.

My questions are; Will updating the BIOS solve this temperature issue, if not, will changing the TDP value to 65W solve it and what kind of performance loss will I experience?

Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming B650M-Plus Wifi
Processor: Ryzen 5 7600X
Display Card Inno3D 4070
RAM: XPG 32GB 6400Mhz

0 Likes
1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Rule of thumb.

Don't update BIOS if you have a stable system. High temperatures can be adressed easily specially on a 7600X.

- Get a good cooling solution, overkill if you have to. 360 Rad AIO or the latest Noctua Chunk of metal.
- Curve Optimize it or Undervolting by offset, these can help a lot.
- Don't cheap out on thermal paste.

Don't lower your TDP/PPT, this will bring performance down, not much but it will. Unless you are willing to lose some fps as a tradeoff, I mean you could do it. IF YOU do it, don't lower to 65 but chose a custom PPT/TDC/EDC in between.

Other stuff that can help, having a good airflow friendly case and do not overwhelm it with lots of fans.

Most people I know with a 7600X and overkill cooling solutions don't even get near or past 90C in stress testing.

Good Luck

The Englishman

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

gorkemkurban, based of what you posted, I recommend you do nothing. ASUS recently released a BIOS that hung the system when using Ryzen Master (RM), so stay away from a new BIOS until this is fixed. The temperatures you mentioned are fine. John.

0 Likes

Thank you for your quick reply. I have the default bios installed on the motherboard, is there a version you can recommend or is it better not to install any bios at all?

0 Likes

gorkemkurban, I cannot. Others here will hopefully reply with a recommendation. Please post the BIOS version currently installed. John.

0 Likes

Current BIOS version is 0809.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Rule of thumb.

Don't update BIOS if you have a stable system. High temperatures can be adressed easily specially on a 7600X.

- Get a good cooling solution, overkill if you have to. 360 Rad AIO or the latest Noctua Chunk of metal.
- Curve Optimize it or Undervolting by offset, these can help a lot.
- Don't cheap out on thermal paste.

Don't lower your TDP/PPT, this will bring performance down, not much but it will. Unless you are willing to lose some fps as a tradeoff, I mean you could do it. IF YOU do it, don't lower to 65 but chose a custom PPT/TDC/EDC in between.

Other stuff that can help, having a good airflow friendly case and do not overwhelm it with lots of fans.

Most people I know with a 7600X and overkill cooling solutions don't even get near or past 90C in stress testing.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I will follow everything you said.

0 Likes

Give us some feedback later if you were unable to drop temperatures.

The Englishman
0 Likes