cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

theriddick
Adept I

7800X3D iGPU 'COLD START' crashing

Hello I have a 7800X3D and every is great except on cold startup the iGPU will crash anywhere between 2-10 times before it stabilities.

This appears to be a COLD START fault.

If I don't use the iGPU it isn't a problem and the CPU part does not crash on cold start.

This issue occurs under LINUX and WINDOWS of all versions.

I CANNOT RMA the CPU as I need it to do work, I can't go 6wks without a main PC to use! 

What can be done? I live in Australia, so am protected under ACL but again I can't wait around for a repair job on a intermittent issue like this. 

Should I ring AMD Australia and try to get a replacement sent out first?  WHAT do I do? 

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

theriddick, I would sure call AMD if possible and see what you can talk them into. Is it possible to leave the machine powered full time? John.

0 Likes

Unfortunately South Australia has some of the most expensive electricity costs in the world so that isn't really possible. Trying to save money wherever I can. 

0 Likes
roupa_de_trapo
Adept III

First, check if the memories are stable when using a dedicated graphics, dGPU. iGPU must be disabled.

After making sure that the memories would be stable in the configuration you use, go to the BIOS and look for the option where you select the static amount of memory that the iGPU will use. Add as much memory as you feel is necessary to make the system work, remembering that the iGPU is suitable for common use and not for games.

0 Likes

I don't believe there is such option.  Also memory was stability tested with memtest not long ago. 

This issue is exclusive to using iGPU!

0 Likes
MarthaGordan
Journeyman III

Same here.

0 Likes

MarthaGordan, you probably do not have the same problem. Open a new thread post all your parts, symptoms and OC settings. Try doing a Clear CMOS and see if that helps. John.

0 Likes