cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kongtudepzjn
Journeyman III

AMD ryzen 5 3600 missing threads

I'm having problem with my ryzen 5 3600 and motherboard AB350m pro4.
The first problem is my CPU usually stuck at 0.54Ghz on start up but this can fix with 'disable PROCHOT' on Ryzen master
My issue also come with unstable performance after disabled prochot
For example, when I'm playing Valorant, my CPU load 50% with 120 ~ 180fps but sometimes with 25~30% CPU usage can give me ~250fps and much more stable.
It happen all along my session after logging on, I feel like my CPU missing some threads or something like that. I also enabled SMT mode and task manager show me 6 cores 12 threads
Anyone have the same problem with me? Any idea to fix this please.

0 Likes
20 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

kongtudepzjn, disabling PROCHOT allows the processor to quietly overheat and destroy itself without warning. I strongly advise against disabling PROCHOT! SMT should be enabled by default and your processor does have 6 cores and 12 threads. Why it was stuck at .54MHz should be discussed with your MB vendor, whoever that is. If you have more questions for this forum, list all parts. John.

0 Likes

Thank you for your attention.
Those picture bellow could show you why I disabled PROCHOT. My CPU temp is completely normal but somehow it causes throttling. My mainboard vendor is ASROCK but this kind of throttling never happened to me when I use Ryzen 3 1200. When I upgraded to R5 3600 then this happened and I tried to update my BIOS and a few other ways but nothing change only when I disable PROCHOT and it's unstable as I mentioned on the post.
Could you tell me if this is my mainboard error or CPU error?ThrottlingThrottlingNormalNormal
I also never try this CPU on other mainboard ...

0 Likes

kongtudepzjn, as I said before disable PROCHOT at your own peril. I do not know what HWinfo is saying and never have trusted it. Post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM). John.

0 Likes

This is RM on start up, do you need any other info?
11.PNG

0 Likes

kongtudepzjn, I need to see RM in the same condition as you posted above. John.

0 Likes

Ok, The first 2 pictures is my start up throttling and after I disable PROCHOT.
The next 2 picture is after disabled PROCHOT and I run stress test. When the stress test is running on RM, my CPU power would be 70W and higher, but if I use other application to stress test then my CPU power always goes around 25~30W and it's only get higher somehow when I start my computer it's stable when disable PROCHOT with the power as much as RM stress test, that's what I explained on the first topic about my unstable FPS.

It's hard to have that luck to reach that stable recently...

Are these information enough for you?Throttling startupThrottling startupAfter disabled PROCHOTAfter disabled PROCHOTStress test with RMStress test with RMStress test with other appsStress test with other apps

0 Likes

kongtudepzjn, to get to a clean environment, uninstall HWinfo and other third party utilities including from your MB vendor and post only images of RM and post only images of RM. John.

0 Likes

OK but it does not really change much thing on RM...

0 Likes

kongtudepzjn, what! Then what are you complaining about? John.

0 Likes

On the first post I had mentioned about my CPU throttling on start up but I get use to it.
But when I disable PROCHOT it's unstable performance, that mean on the same core speed and voltage I set, it's so much different. That's what I said about my unstable fps after disable PROCHOT.
I also realize that my CPU wattage couldn't get higher than 35W underload, it's only get to ~70-75W on RM test

0 Likes

kongtudepzjn, so far I see no evidence of throttling. I need to see the requested screenshots of RM. What HWmon is saying "Throttle" I do NOT know and cannot guess. So I do not trust or use it. John.

0 Likes

OK, let's try again on this case step by step.
This is my RM on start up, please tell me what should I do next333.PNG

0 Likes

as you can see here, the peak speed is stuck. Even though it's trying to start some applications start with windows. It just stuck there and everything really really slow

0 Likes

Thanks, kongtudepzjn. This shows there is no throttling. Why the low clock is the question. I suspect the MB and suggest you contact them. How do you escape this without disabling PROCHOT? The low clock is a long time problem reported by many. I suggest you search this forum and the Internet to see what others have discovered. John.

EDIT: Please post a screenshot of RM Basic View when stuck at the low clock.

0 Likes

There is no way to escape this, Disable PROCHOT is what I found and I stay with it for a long time. But recently, it's getting less stable after disabled PROCHOT.
Here is the basic view RM when stuck at the low clockBVRM.PNG

0 Likes

Thanks, kongtudepzjn. You can see the discrepancy, left side says Manual and right says Default. Please try setting Manual mode on the right side and then post a screenshot. Should look like this:

RM-Basic.png

Then try moving the slider on frequency and post a screenshot. Do not click Apply or Apply and Test. Do a Clear CMOS, then open RM-Basic mode and post a screenshot. Thanks, John.

0 Likes

I did clear CMOS, the maximum speed says 4200MHz but actually it stuck at 546MHz

010.PNG

0 Likes

Have you contacted your MB vendor?

Try clicking Reset on RM Basic View, then restart computer. Then post a screenshot of RM basic View. John.

0 Likes
Gyuriii08
Journeyman III

Any update to this topic? I'm currently having this kind of issue right now. Just to add, whenever I try to boot into safe mode. The cpu runs normal meaning it's more than 0.5ghz like 4.2 ghz in this case. Have you tried that one?

0 Likes

Gyuriii08, please remove this post. One post is enough. John.

0 Likes