cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jpee80
Adept II

Re: 5950X Random Crashes--Pulling Hair Out!

Jump to solution

It definitely needs more coverage so I put together all of the urls related to this issue in reddit. I hope they pay attention!

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/kfyst7/random_bsods_with_amd_5000_series_processor/

egg8cake
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I think this video may help, video title is Guide: What to do AFTER building your computer. In the video computer also build on a  X570 mobo, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYYoCXh2gtw

your computer is better than this one, but things to boot the new system are the same.

0 Likes
buildorbust
Adept II

Jump to solution
  • CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Overheating cause random crash.

Air cooling not enough.

Require liquid cooling. 

deepcuts
Adept II

Jump to solution

Cmon, if you are clueless about this particular issue, just do not post replies.
Just replaced my 5950X with a new one and the new one is rock solid so far.

tecnition
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this problem. 

So I finally solved my issue... I RMA'd the $799 5950X and bought a 3950X for $679.99. 

Lesson learned, if I ever buy AMD products again, I will do so with a grain of salt

I'm still a little shocked that we haven't heard anything from AMD on the matter as to why some of their chips are BSOD'ing and getting random reboots.

Here's a hardware company that happens to be selling one of the most 'sought out after' products during both Christmas/COVID pandemic. Who has not acknowledged that there are serious repercussions to using their new CPUs.

I would love to tell you guys that I RMA'd the CPU, got another one and it worked 100% but seeing as how I'm building this for work, for a friend, it was a small nightmare of a process. 

What should've been a fun little adventure (getting the hardware, staying up all night to get on the Microcenter line) became use annoyed and peeved with the constant process of troubleshooting. 

Oh well, live and learn. 

Thanks again to everyone!

View solution in original post

H4NDGREN4DE
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

How long was the RMA process. I just purchased and installed my 5950x after my 3950x was running perfectly fine. 

The only thing that changed was the CPU and now the cpu crashes and runs hot 🔥

Mind you, I'm on a full custom water cooling loop.

I can't even get roblox to run without the whole system crashing. 

I also have everything set to auto and core boost performance disabled. 

I disabled core boost performance and Temps dropped dramatically at idle, like 10 to 20c. 

Unfortunately, nothing that I've done keeps my PC from crashing right on the start of a game. 

I've submitted an RMA request to AMD, so we'll see how long it takes for them to get back to me. 

0 Likes
darkphantom
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Okay, there is definitely something up with these chips because I bought one from microcenter as a test to see if it was a chip issue, that one worked fine but the one I got back as the RMA replacement has the same issues?!!?

0 Likes
g_von
Adept I

Jump to solution

How is the RMA process? I'm having issues with my setup as well.

I have a 5900X. My system will boot just fine and load Windows 10 with no problems. I can open browsers and view plenty of tabs no problem. I can load and play COD Warzone and Diablo III just fine but here's the weird part... After I exit the game and software, the system immediately starts to freeze up; first with exiting open browser windows and moving windows, then the start menu starts to freeze up and I can't start a new program. Eventually the mouse freezes within a few minutes. This behavior has been discussed in other communities. Could my chipset be from a bad batch?

The only thing I tried so far was turn on DOCP in my BIOS and that didn't fix the problem.

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
AMD 5900X
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID GAMING Video Card
Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Corsair RMx 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
0 Likes