cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Best Motherboards for AMD Ryzen 5000 CPUs: X570, B550 for Gaming & Content Creation - Buildzoid / GN

Here is a link to the review. 

According to Buildzoid, the AMD AGESA is still changing so BIOS for the motherboards are still changing and buggy. 
He claIms there are lots of issues such as: 

USB3 port issues. 
Memory overclock issues.
XMP issues. 
Infinity fabric stability issues. 
He is surprised he has not yet heard about a sleep bug. Expects to. 
Claims all motherboards are affected because it comes from the AMD AGESA
Hopes it will be fixed in a few months at most. 

So - there you go. Don't RMA your CPUs because you cannot tell what is wrong yet if the AGESA is causing Motherboard BIOS BUGs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_FUe36jHaw&feature=emb_logo

10 Replies
860lacov
Adept III

Hope is only thing I've got now.

Thank you for this post.

I have little over a week to return  cpu so will wait for now

In my case it seems that soc voltages is helping so I'll repeat my question from  another post.

What soc value I can set for constant safe use ? Currently 1.075 . Can I go higher ?

imraneo
Adept I

As I matter of fact, I just watched this earlier today and did take note of what he said.

BUT....
I still feel that this issue stands out and I kinda expect a statement from AMD acknowledging this. I mean really.. how do we know if it's not a silicon issue? We have had members who got replacements for their RMA and they worked perfectly fine.

Although I have getting my CPU working almost as intended with vCorre tweak and disabling C-states, I believe I'm still loosing out on some performance and this shows in every benchmark I've run :(

And I can confirm that soc adjustments didn't help.

Well...

Helped a little because I had a chance to see the end of blender benchmark  :)

Witcher still crashes

0 Likes

Hence what I said : Don't RMA your CPUs because you cannot tell what is wrong yet if the AGESA is causing Motherboard BIOS BUGs.

I did contact Gamers Nexus asking them about problems with Ryzen 5000 series CPUs & Motherboard BIOS and I did point to some posts on this forum. 

Buildzoid video might just be him echo back posts on here, although I did not mention AMD AGESA changes causing ripple effect into Motherboard BIOS.  

It does look like AMD should make a statement about users having problems with their new CPU and motherboards, if AGESA changes are causing these problems. 

RE: I mean really.. how do we know if it's not a silicon issue?
You don't know unless AMD test RMA CPU on a known "good" PC System motherboard and BIOS and tell you the result.

RE:  We have had members who got replacements for their RMA and they worked perfectly fine.
Something may have changed like newer BIOS, some BIOS setting, Windows Updates, room temp, etc etc. 
It is very difficult to do exactly repeat tests after waiting weeks for an RMA CPU replacement. 

As with everything in life, those who stay silent and accept bad treatment, get walked on. 
Those who make the effort and protest/act for help, may get some help. 
I suggest you contact Gamers Nexus and tell them about the problems you have had with your new Ryzen Processors. 

You won't get any help / response from AMD on here apart from low level response to support request, here:
https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form
maybe. 

Go look at the infamous RX5700XT Blackscreening/ Audio buzz/ PC hang /Reboot thread as an example.
No fix until Gamer Nexus and other 3rd Party reviewers got involved... 

Gamers Nexus start to look at AMD B550 and X570 stability with XMP. 
They have had reports and emails from a number of people about it. 
Enabling XMP can cause a failure to boot with some Ryzen 5000 processors.
Manual RAM Timings seems to be the only way to fix it for now. 
Or use the Ryzen DRAM calculator. 
They have not had time to do much to look into it other than that. 
See: https://youtu.be/Xra4KdJZ974?t=1349

Spoiler

No xmp - reboot

Manual timings- reboot

Edit

Sorry. Didn't notice that it's for boot problems and not for random reboots

0 Likes

I have random reboots with my 5950x and x570 dark hero. Could anyone shed some light on what I should try? I have the latest bios as well

Specs

x570 Dark Hero

5950x (stock) 

3600mhz gskill trident z

1200w rog psu

0 Likes

Hey Man,

I just bought the same exact setup with the same Mainboard.

Crosshair Dark Hero + 5950x and I am experiencing random reboots as well. I've tried everything and so far nothing has helped. I am really pissed at this point. If only I had known this earlier I would have definitely gotten myself the 10900k

0 Likes

Have you tried checking on some overclockers forums owners thread, they can possibly offer optimization/stable settings.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I have not. I am not sure what it is. It could be my memory or psu or the cpu. I'm not sure

0 Likes