Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Daimon
Adept I

5900X and 5800X3D at 100% EDC and clockspeed

Hi there.

I am currently running an ASRock B550 Taichi (BIOS 2.30) with a Ryzen 7 5800X3D and my problem is that Ryzen Master and HWiNFO64 report 100% EDC (126 ampere) and clockspeed (4.45 Gigahurtz). Which results in 60 watts idle for the 5800X3D and close to 90 watts for the 5900X.

Both cpu's are NOT running any oc except XMP profile for the ram (2x 16GB G.Skill DDR4-3600 CL16 with Samsung B-Die), which is not the cause of this problem - the cpu's both showed the same problem when running the ram with 2133MHz.

I am currently on WIndows 10 version 22H2 including chipset drivers and I actually dont have any ideas left what to do or where to look at...

0 Likes
1 Solution
Daimon
Adept I

Alright, Windows is the problem: after performing a clean diagnostic boot, the cpu clocks down normally and only pulls 5 ampere EDC while idle on desktop...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Daimon, please post a screen shot of Ryzen Master (RM), only image of RM. Thanks, John.

0 Likes
Daimon
Adept I

Here you go.

Daimon_0-1677302555380.png

0 Likes

Thanks, Daimon. Something is running like crazy pegging all 8 cores. Please look at Task Manager and see what it is. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Daikon, I do not read German but I suggest you do a clean install of Windows. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
Daimon
Adept I

Alright, Windows is the problem: after performing a clean diagnostic boot, the cpu clocks down normally and only pulls 5 ampere EDC while idle on desktop...