Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zythum
Journeyman III

5700X3D / RADEON VII PROBLEM

Hi everyone,

I'd like to explain what's going on,
i have a 3600X / RadeonVII on msi x570 a-pro with 32Go ram (4x8Go) powered by a corsair 700W
I want to upgrade my 3600x to a 5700X3D.

I've updated the UEFI to E7C37AMSHO0

on reboot after changing processor, the VDA led stays on.

I've tried many things to solve this problem, such as resetting the motherboard, checking the power supply... everything's fine.

in the end, I put my old 1660GTX with the 5700X3D and miraculously it works... the cpu is recognized as a graphics card... I test the 3600X with the VII and it works.... but the 5700X3D / RADEON VII combo doesn't... I desistalled the drivers...

is there anything I haven't understood or have you had any feedback on this kind of problem?

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

zythum, did you install a fresh copy of Windows? If not please do. This includes formatting your C: disk on a GPT drive. Then install the latest drivers for your system from here. John.

0 Likes
zythum
Journeyman III

thanks for your answer, I'll do it and come back to give you feedback.

0 Likes

Thanks, zythum. John.

0 Likes

hello, bad news thats didn't work.

i read that: 

“According to TechPowerUp's research, the reference BIOS for the Radeon VII does not support UEFI, nor does it support the GOP (Graphics Output Protocol) driver. The GOP driver is important because it is the component responsible for display functions during the pre-boot process. For the Radeon VII to function correctly, the user must activate the CSM, which implies the loss of Microsoft's Secure Boot function and the potential lengthening of cold-start times. From a performance point of view, the Radeon VII should work in the same way whether using a non-UEFI BIOS or a UEFI GOP BIOS.”

maybe a VBIOS story or a change in CPU instrucion set level?

it's beyond my capabilities

edit: i try combo 5700X3D / 6700XT it's work when i disabled the CSM for UEFI

0 Likes