cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

randommike360
Journeyman III

3700x issue

Hi, I have a new 3700x on stock settings it fails occt and prime in seconds on small data sets.

My ram has been tested and two diffrent sets of ram and I have used this board with a 1700x and 5900x with the same ram no issues

The only fix I have found is to turn off pbo and changed the  llc to high on a gigabyte x470 gaming 7 wifi .

Do I have have a faulty cpu

This has never happened before so confused why it fails on stock.

0 Likes
1 Reply
vishvajit
Adept III

It's possible that your CPU is faulty, but there are also other factors that could be causing the stability issues you're experiencing.

First, you may want to check the temperature of your CPU during stress testing. High temperatures can cause instability even on stock settings. Make sure your CPU cooler is properly installed and functioning correctly.

Next, you could try updating your motherboard BIOS to the latest version. Sometimes BIOS updates can improve stability and performance.

If those steps don't resolve the issue, then it's possible that your CPU is indeed faulty. You may want to contact the retailer or AMD support to see if they can help you troubleshoot the issue further or potentially replace the CPU if it's still under warranty.

It's also worth noting that every CPU is unique and may require different settings for stable operation, even on stock settings. So, even if your previous CPUs worked fine with the same RAM and motherboard, there's still a possibility that your 3700X may require different settings to operate stably.

0 Likes