cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

chinaexpert1
Adept I

Zen 5 needs BIOS update - audio plug in issue still not solved

In addition to the recent iLOK issue, it turns out the issue is not over. iLok has determined some plug ins cannot be used even with their recent hotfix. I have a 9950X and it cannot find some of the plug ins I own in my Ableton DAW. This has put a halt to my music making.

ILOK statement:

https://help.ilok.com/faq_ilm.html#amd_zen_5

I am writing this post because AMD needs to investigate the issue as it is processor related. If they can pinpoint the fix and include it in BIOS, or tell iLOK what to do that would be great because iLOK doesn't know how to fix it. This seems to be an extension of the recent issue with PACE license services not running.

If you have been having problems using iLOK plugins on your Zen 5 please chime in here so we can build pressure for something to be done.

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

chinaexpert1, there are plenty of threads open on this, we need no more. John.

0 Likes
chinaexpert1
Adept I

I opened it because I would like to perhaps gather a list of affected plugins.

That may assist AMD and/or iLOK to pinpoint the issue because not every plugin manufacturer is affected.

So far I am seeing the issue with Exponential Audio>Stratus ;and most plugins from unison Audio.

And it is a separate issue IMO because PACE is now functional.

0 Likes

Add your input to this rather long thread on the exact issue you are having with Ilok: https://community.amd.com/t5/pc-processors/9900x-cpu-makes-music-production-impossible/m-p/703995#M6...

There you will find Users listing all the Plug-ins that work and don't work.

0 Likes

Pace is only functional for iLoc manager. I got a reply from EW for Opus and they haven't heard a word. 

0 Likes
chinaexpert1
Adept I

For those experiencing this issue the iloc website says that AMD has represented that the BIOS update is coming early November

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

chinaexpert1, please be aware that this is a User forum and does not reach AMD directly. Almost all of the responders here, including Monitors, do not work for AMD as I do not. Reach AMD Technical Support here. John.

0 Likes