cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

cserax
Journeyman III

Very slow processor(5800x) speed(0.50ghz)

I built a new PC, and the processor seems to have a limited speed - both in idle time and in games, the speed is only in the region between 0.49 ghz and 0.53 ghz. I tried updating the BIOS, overclocking, maximum power consumption in the Windows settings, disabling and enabling various functions in the bios, nothing helped.
Motherboard b450 tomahawk max 2
5800x processor
Windows 10

Can anyone help me? 

5 Replies
Xoromox
Adept I

Are your Core Current, SoC Current, CPU TDC and CPU EDC normal or very high when this happens?

ThreeDee
Paragon

Reseat CPU and check for bent pins

Reseat all power cables to motherboard and GPU

Clear CMOS and then re-enable XMP

Are you running the newest Beta BIOS?

7C02vH63(Beta version)
Release Date
2021-09-29
CLEAN install of Windows?

How are your CPU temps? What are they at idle and under load?
What are the rest of your specs? What make/model power supply are you running?

Make sure  you have latest AM4 chipset drivers installed (Generally, AMD.com is where one should go for latest AMD drivers .. but MSI seems to have newer AM4 Chipset drivers than AMD does)

ThreeDee PC specs

Yes, I have the latest version of the BIOS, the processor temperature is not higher than 35 degrees with such a frequency under load, without load 30 degrees Other characteristics: be quiet system power 9 700w, patriot viper 2x8 3200, rx 6600xt. the chipset drivers are latest

pthuniverse
Journeyman III

I am facing the same problem now. Do you know how to fix it?

My first guess is that something is wrong with the BIOS, and I mean a corrupted BIOS.  I would flash the BIOS with a clean download of the latest version from the manufacturer, even if it's the same one you currently have installed.  I would also clear the CMOS by removing power to the computer, removing the battery, shorting the two pins that are usually on the motherboard for clearing the CMOS, and even waiting at least 10 minutes before putting the battery (use a new one, by the way) back in.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes