cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Xmyrblu_kot
Journeyman III

New R 5600

Greetings to all! I purchased ryzen 5600 on the AliExpress website from a well-known seller: https://aliexpress.ru/store/2855009

There are traces on it, I assume that these are traces of thermal paste.

Could there be traces on an unused processor? 

1000019022.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

First did you get that processor from a Non-AMD Retail Box?

If so then that processor is a OEM/TRAY processor and it is not covered by AMD 3 year Processor In Box (PIB) Warranty.

The Seller is the one that will need to give you a Warranty on that processor. Personally, it looks like a OEM/TRAY processor and not a Retail Box Processor from the packaging it came in.

Also find out where you need to ship the processor for Warranty work. You might need to ship it to China or some other foreign country which will be very expensive unless they are paying for Pre-shipping under Warranty or they have a USA office to send the processor for Warranty work.

Also Ali Express does sell a lot of OEM/TRAY and Recycled Processors so you need to really research to make sure you are ordering the type of hardware you want and from a reputable Seller/Retailer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Xmyrblu_kot
Journeyman III

I wanted to pay attention to the inscriptions, the date of production. Is it true?

0 Likes
FunkZ
Grandmaster

Here is how to check the authenticity of your AMD processor.

https://www.amd.com/en/resources/support-articles/warranty/PIB-Authenticity.html

If you suspect the processor is used, are there other signs of use besides the scuffs on the IHS? Was the box seal open? Is the cooler paste disturbed?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

Hello, the package was without a seal. Apart from scuffs, nothing was found.

1000019742.jpg

0 Likes
Xmyrblu_kot
Journeyman III

1000019736.jpg

I cleaned it with alcohol, it looks new.

 Apart from the dirt on top, it is perfect. Maybe the Chinese cleaned it up.

0 Likes

First did you get that processor from a Non-AMD Retail Box?

If so then that processor is a OEM/TRAY processor and it is not covered by AMD 3 year Processor In Box (PIB) Warranty.

The Seller is the one that will need to give you a Warranty on that processor. Personally, it looks like a OEM/TRAY processor and not a Retail Box Processor from the packaging it came in.

Also find out where you need to ship the processor for Warranty work. You might need to ship it to China or some other foreign country which will be very expensive unless they are paying for Pre-shipping under Warranty or they have a USA office to send the processor for Warranty work.

Also Ali Express does sell a lot of OEM/TRAY and Recycled Processors so you need to really research to make sure you are ordering the type of hardware you want and from a reputable Seller/Retailer.

0 Likes