cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Vanix2
Adept II

New CPU just installed same as old one , but pc wont boot to windows

1. My old ryzen 5 5600g was bricked so i got a new one, now after i installed it and turned on pc i got a notification saying that i installed a new cpu press y to reset ftpm or something like that so i did, now i tried reinstalling windows with a clean version and i had no issues during the setup process until its fully installed, i went to google or Microsoft edge to download the drivers and the monitor suddenly went black screen and now everytime i turn on my pc the pc turns on and i see the gigabyte (mb) logo and then the screen turns off but mouse, keyboard and headset works.. and windows is turned on but probably no display and i tried reinstalling it again and the same process happened. please help!

sorry for my poor English... my bios version is f63c or smth like that and i actually don't want to reset it or download a new one because last time i did that my pc was bricked (my ryzen 5 5600g) 

Specs

:ryzen 5 5600g

gigabyte B450m ds3h

16gb patriot Viper ram

256gb lexar ssd

0 Likes
2 Solutions
cwiggles
Elite

Hi,

about to head off to bed, but 

1. Pretty sure safe mode does not allow you to install drivers, but you should be able to uninstall drivers so I would try that. After that if you still have monitor issues then I think the quickest way would be to do a fresh Windows install. 

2. After a fresh Windows install I would only download the following
- AMD Chipset Drivers (ten reboot to make sure the system is still working. This link is for the B450 driver pack from AMD's site

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/amd_chipset_software_5.02.19.2221.exe

- Next I would install the CPU driver pack which will include drivers for the integrated graphics of the 5600G. Here is the URL to download them, once again from AMDs site

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.2.2-win10-win11-feb22.exe

Lastly, I would hang off installing any monitor drivers (if you had), let Windows use the default plug and play monitor drivers for now. If the wrong monitor file is installed it can cause display issues. 
Wishing you the best of luck, I know how frustrating this can be. 

Craig

View solution in original post

vser35
Journeyman III

Hello

I had exactly the same problem with 4300GE. It turned out my HDMI cable was not properly inserted into my monitor. It somehow worked with the basic driver, but turned black when the AMD driver was installed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
cwiggles
Elite

Hi,

Sounds like the system is using the CPUs iGP. Try connecting your monitor to the motherboards video out connector(s). I assume it will be HDMI or possibly DisplayPort.

Once you have it working ( I like to be positive ) you'll probably need to go into the BIOS and set your GPU to be the default GPU. After that it should be fine....fingers crossed. 

Best of luck

Craig

Im sorry... i dont get it, is there any video to watch? im really sorry i just dont wanna play on bios and brick it or if you can tell me the exact steps id appreciate it! 

Thank you in advanced! 

0 Likes
cwiggles
Elite

Hi,

I made a mistake in my post. For some reason I thought your specs mentioned a separate GPU was installed on your system. In light of your reply and looking back I see that one is not mentioned. I also didn't register that this only happens when Windows loads which now sounds like a driver issue, in which case boot windows into Safe Mode (google it, there are lots of articles on how to do this) and see if the monitor works. If it does then try uninstalling the drivers your loaded and see if it boots normally. Alternatively, just re-install Windows again if you haven't already spent alot of time installing apps. 

Once you get the system up again, install one of the driver packages at a time and reboot. This way you can identify which driver is causing the issue.  Can you provide a list of what driver packages you installed?

Craig

0 Likes

Hello again! thank you for replying back to me, i really appreciate you.

So what i understood now is, there is a driver issue so inorder to fix it i should open windows in safe mode and if it worked fine, ill uninstall current drivers and then restart my pc, right? or just completely reinstall windows through safe mode?

And what are the driver packages? The drivers i install on amd download site? should i  try installing these drivers while im in safe mode? incase i was able to boot into safe mode with no issues (hopefully.)

Thank you again!!! 

0 Likes
cwiggles
Elite

Hi,

about to head off to bed, but 

1. Pretty sure safe mode does not allow you to install drivers, but you should be able to uninstall drivers so I would try that. After that if you still have monitor issues then I think the quickest way would be to do a fresh Windows install. 

2. After a fresh Windows install I would only download the following
- AMD Chipset Drivers (ten reboot to make sure the system is still working. This link is for the B450 driver pack from AMD's site

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/amd_chipset_software_5.02.19.2221.exe

- Next I would install the CPU driver pack which will include drivers for the integrated graphics of the 5600G. Here is the URL to download them, once again from AMDs site

https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-23.2.2-win10-win11-feb22.exe

Lastly, I would hang off installing any monitor drivers (if you had), let Windows use the default plug and play monitor drivers for now. If the wrong monitor file is installed it can cause display issues. 
Wishing you the best of luck, I know how frustrating this can be. 

Craig

Thank you man for the amazing help! you don't know how much i appreciate every single second that you took from your time to help me!

I'll try doing what you said and hopefully it gets fixed

Thank you once again and have a good sleep! 

0 Likes

Hello again!

So now after i booted it into safe mode, it worked pretty fine. But how do i uninstall the drivers? from where? and which drivers? also after uninstalling drivers what exactly should i do? should i restart my pc and boot using usb to re-download windows? Im sorry for being dumb... 

0 Likes
Vanix2
Adept II

Btw i forgot to mention that when i booted into safe mode i downloaded the adrenaline drivers the one you sent and installed them then my pc rebooted and got the same issue again (black screen on win 11 boot) 

0 Likes
cwiggles
Elite

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, long day at work. 

Well I am running out of ideas. I hate to suggest this as I know how frustrating it is, but from what you have said it seems it's an issue with the Adrenelin drivers. 

1. Download DDU from here
Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.6.1 (guru3d.com)
2. Boot into safe mode and run DDU and select AMD drivers to remove. Be patient it can take 2-4min to complete.
3. Once complete try rebooting and see if Windows starts ot not. if not then do a clean install of Windows again
4. If it does boot, just install the chipset drivers as per my previous post and reboot.
5. if it boots then try installing these older Adrenalin drivers (22.5.1)
https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/whql-amd-software-adrenalin-edition-22.5.1-win10-win11-may10.exe

These were very stable and would be a good test. 

If it still fails then all I can suggest you do is take it to a local PC shop to see if they can locate the issue. The other remote possibility is that your replacement CPU is also faulty, but seeing you get video in Safe mode I think it unlikely. 

Craig

vser35
Journeyman III

Hello

I had exactly the same problem with 4300GE. It turned out my HDMI cable was not properly inserted into my monitor. It somehow worked with the basic driver, but turned black when the AMD driver was installed.

0 Likes