cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

roboyt0
Journeyman III

CPU RMA Conundrum - AMD Employee(s) Please Help!

Service Request # 00319367 

RMA # 6000005841 for Ryzen 7 7700X

Here's the timeline of how things have gone so far:

2/14/23 - RMA Approved

2/15/23 - CPU shipped with provided FedEx Label. 

2/24/23 - FedEx package marked as 'Delayed'.

2/28/23 - Emailed AMD Consumer returns inquiring what happens if package lost and inquired if AMD provided shipping label included insurance

3/1/23 - AMD consumer returns responds stating to contact FedEx on package status with no answer regarding package insurance.

3/2/23 - Called FedEx.  They inform me that package was damage and the contents are missing, and they are 'unable to disclose' if insurance was included.  Must start a 'shipment missing contents' claim.  Attempt to make a claim but because AMD paid for the shipping/label they must make the claim, OR give me written permission via a document on company letterhead.  E-mailed AMD consumer returns with this information.

3/7/23 - E-mailed AMD consumer returns again as they had not responded to inquiry on 3/2/23.

3/7/23 - AMD consumer returns responds stating they will 'get in touch with logistics team internally and get back to me shortly'.

3/9/23 - CPU ends up back on my doorstep.  Shipped to me from the same FedEx warehouse where it was lost.  Only returned to me because I wrapped the original CPU box in an amazon prime bubble mailer/envelope, for padding, that had my name/address on it...so, someone mailed it back via FedEx

3/9/23 - E-mail AMD consumer returns stating I have the CPU back in my possession and will be sending to them via USPS, with $370 insurance, the following day of 3/10/23. 

3/13/23 - I have received no response from AMD consumer returns.  E-mail them that the CPU was delivered on 3/13/23 and ask them to verify they have received it.  Also inquire about the 30 day RMA approval expiring as there were only a few more days left.

3/14/23 - Submit an online service request regarding the RMA that is nearing the end of the 30 day approval window with details about the RMA, tracking, etc.  Case # 00331034

3/15/23 - AMD consumer returns replies stating they will 'check with concern team and get back to me shortly'.

3/17/23 - No response from AMD consumer returns.  I realized today I could click on the claim # from the AMD warranty services page to get additional info on the RMA status.  CPU noted as 'Not Yet Received' on this additional page as of 8:37 PM today; 3/17/23.  Emailed the Consumer returns team again asking to elaborate on the situation and inquire once again if the CPU has been received or not.

I understand that FedEx losing the CPU is no fault of AMD warranty/RMA team.  But, their delays between responses, with no useful information, are getting old pretty quick.

Is there anything I can do to get this moving along?

0 Likes
0 Replies