cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Vico11
Journeyman III

Does the TUF gaming A520m-plus board support the Ryzen 5 5600g?

Jai une carte mère Asus TUF gaming A520m-plus, et un Processeur Ryzen5 5600g, je besoin de actualiser les bios de la carte mère ou non, parce que mon écran no affiche pas il est noir:

0 Likes
5 Replies

In the future please translate your reply into English since this is a English only forum.

As for your question.

Your motherboard does support the Ryzen 5 5600G with BIOS Version 1401 (12/08/2020) installed. If you just recently purchased your Motherboard and it was manufactured after 01/2021 your APU should work out of the box.

You can check to see which Asus BIOS Version you have installed originally from the factory but looking at a long thin white strip about 2 lines thick near the CPU Socket or Dimm Slots. At the end on the second line should be a 4 digit number XXXX. This is the original BIOS from the factory that was installed. If it is 1401 or higher then your problem is not related to BIOS but rather the APU and its driver or Monitor/cable.

Here is the latest Asus Non-BETA Bios from Asus : 2423 (08/17/2021): https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-GAMING-A520M-PLUS/HelpDesk_...

0 Likes

unable to edit or open new reply without getting HTML Error.

@Sam_AMD 

0 Likes

@Vico11 

Please use AMD Forum "Search" and input 5600G and you will see several threads with the same issue your are having.

0 Likes

Hello @elstaci
I'm looking into the issue; please, give me a few days to investigate, I'll be sure to keep you posted. Thanks!
Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

With BIOS Version 1401 (12/08/2020) installed, your motherboard supports the Ryzen 5 5600G. If you bought your Motherboard recently and it was made after January 1, 2021, your APU should work right out of the box.

By looking at a long thin white strip about 2 lines thick near the CPU Socket or Dimm Slots, you can see which Asus BIOS Version was installed from the factory. A four-digit number, XXXX, should be written at the end of the second line. This is the original BIOS that was installed from the factory. If it's 1401 or higher, the issue isn't with the BIOS, but with the APU and its driver, or the monitor/cable.

0 Likes