cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

CranKy
Adept I

Device crash issue

Do you have information regarding the "amd-keyid-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net" issue? I have been facing this issue randomly during gameplay. I have had this issue before in 2022 which got fixed automatically somehow. I have tried clean reinstallation of windows, resocketing all components and reinstalling the chipset drivers etc.

As for details, it occurs in random games during random timeframes. To be specific, i lose video output for a moment while my pc is still running (i can hear Discord and other background audio), afterwards i have to restart my device or sometimes it restarts automatically. I have followed a forum on official AMD website, however it did not contain any viable fix.

0 Likes
8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

CranKy, the link you posted does not work. Please test it before you post and test it now and correct it. Post all your parts and look in the Event Viewer and post a fer Details tab. John.

EDIT: The authority "amd-keyid-907d65e9b562315997dd5ad086b2b7598957b92c.microsoftaik.azure.net" does not exist.

Yes, i am aware that the link does not exist. That is why it is much more frustrating to gather much information about this issue. I am adding a screenshot of what i found in event viewer. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X at default with SVM and FTPM enabled
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X with latest BIOS F40d
RAM: 8gig x4 Gskill Trendz at 3600 MHz 18-22-22-42
GPU: Zotac RTX 3070Ti AMP EXTREME HOLOimage_2024-09-12_074412237.png

0 Likes

Thanks, CranKy. Please see here. This problem has been around for a long time. I have always thought it was a MS failure. Hopefully you will find some things to try in the link I posted. Make sure your W11 is up to date. John.

Hi John, thanks for replying. Yes, i have gone through the mentioned threads and posts previously. I have disabled TPM, 18 hours ago and until now i did not get the aforementioned issue. However, it is too quick to celebrate, so imma monitor for a few weeks and provide an update. Hopefully, it will work out. 

0 Likes

Thanks, CranKy. John.

0 Likes

Nope, i had it again. I am suspecting that the issue is not related to the error log at all. It might be some hardware issue i am failing to identify. 

0 Likes

CranKy, I do not think this is a HW problem unless it has changed. Please post the log as above and open an issue with Microsoft. Thanks, John.

0 Likes
goblando
Journeyman III

My experience and solution:

For windows 11 and AMD 7950x I was randomly crashing and trying to reboot and when it rebooted the SSD was unavailable.  It required me to pull the power cord and then the computer would be fine for a random length of time.  I lived with this issue for 7 months as it happened in waves.  Going to for weeks with no issues, and then have the issue every day for a week and then stability for a while.

For windows 10 and AMD 5950X, I was rock solid until a windows update in late June.  Then the computer started randomly locking up and became completely responsive.  It never rebooted and requiired a physical reset and then it would work for couple of days.  Then it would work for 1 day,  I updated bios and drivers and the computer started locking up within minutes of booting into windows EVERY TIME.  A search on Microsoft forums found that random people were experiencing the same issue since the same update.

Before the 5950x had started having the issue every 5 minutes, I had used powershell to compile every single log possible into a master file to look for any hints as to what events might be triggering it.   For the 7950x, there was no hints at all.  For the 5950x, it mentioned something about a sleep state.  This led me to go nuclear.

I disabled all CPU overclocking (PBO) and global sleep states in the bios.  Both cpus run at the base frequency at all times.  Since I made this change in mid July, neither machine has had a single issue.  There is definitely something going on, but I do not have any more tools to diagnose it.  I think when the amd drivers go to reduce or increase the frequency on one or more cores, there is a race condition that is not being handled. 

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the UPS Battery backup device that backs up the power to both computers may be bad causing a motherboard timer issue that the CPU can't handle.

0 Likes