cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Zen07
Journeyman III

CPU Damage

I just recently warrantied my CPU as it sent it to get RMA, and they've just sent me a whole new processor but the part that I wanted to know is how in the heck did my processor malfunction or got damaged in the first place? I've been using my Ryzen 5 3600 for almost a year and somehow it just broke down to the point where my PC doesn't boot up properly. Took 3 weeks to figure it out as I tried my best to troubleshoot every aspect of what can be at fault. Spending a ton of time and money to actually figure it out after buying a new CPU and motherboard.

Now I'm questioning myself wondering was it the Cpu's fault, or could it have been my mobo or an electrical issue with my PSU. I don't know much but I was able to take a picture of the CPU before I had shipped it out, it had white dots underneath the pin, I checked to make sure it wasn't heating damage, pin damage, or thermal paste being trapped in the pins.

Please let me know if anyone of yalls has had this issue before with a faulty CPU since I don't know if it was really my fault or the CPU, as it just stopped working out of nowhere while I was just browsing the web.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BiM5eFYj4tMYZD_GFCOKjqz-q8Fi3OHCRMgyyZIFYs4/edit?usp=sharing

0 Likes
0 Replies