cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Nightling45
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU Crashing/Freezing in BIOS and Restarting Windows.

Hello,

Recently I've been having an issue with my motherboard that I've had for about a year now, and it's just been starting to have these problems.

So I bought a Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 back in December 2022, the BIOS version at the time was F14g or somewhere close in that area. My motherboard starts having issues, it had a massive boot failure that showed a message on screen, it was freezing in the BIOS every few seconds, had to quickly rush and change settings that I thought was causing the crashing, my Windows 11 drive gets corrupted and just a whole lot of problems. I was having artifact glitches on screen, missing text from the BIOS menu with a white screen, the motherboard startup LOGO being off-centered and in the corner of the monitor. 

I start thinking and I update the BIOS to the latest version, using the Q-Flash feature built into the motherboard, the BIOS version is now F17g, well it's still having the same issues that it had previously and I didn't really know what the issue was.

Well my kind enough brother, bought me a brand new motherboard because I told him the problem I was having with my new one, hooked it up all together and what do you know? the same exact issues and problems that I was having with my previous one now presents issues in the one he bought, cant install Windows 10 or 11 because it would randomly restart and basically said "no you can't install windows". So my last attempt at trying to solve what it was, i had a SPARE SPARE motherboard that was good enough and was able to support the CPU 3rd generation, I plugged it in just to see and it starts presenting restarting issues.

So I basically narrowed it down to the CPU being the culprit. I don't know whats wrong with it, I never overclocked or underclocked it, theres no bent pins currently present on it. Never installed any software to tinker with it. So if anyone can help me out and guide me in fixing this issue would greatly be appreciated and kind of you.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Have you tried any 'boot to advanced startup options', tutorials at https://www.tenforums.com/

Could also be caused by failing ram or storage drive?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Tested on 2 SSD Hard Drives, 1 NVMe 2.0 SSD / Currently had two TridentZ RGB RAM Sticks and bought 2 new KLEVV Bolt X RAM sticks both were sets of DDR4.

Tested with 2 different good known power supplies

Trying to install or startup Windows 10/11 will just shut itself off and restart itself on its own.  Even if its booting from a USB stick, it'll just restart itself.

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

What are your full PC specs? Include everything .. PSU .. GPU .. drives .. cable extenders INSIDE your case IF any .. list everything .. type of cooling .. case ... every ... thing ... lol

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes