cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

jollyroger098
Journeyman III

New 6800xt not correctly identifying monitor with Displayport.

Just upgraded from a Vega 64 to a 6800xt. According to the Radeon software the monitor is a "DDC-Displayport" and can only support 624x832, but when i switch it to an HDMI port it identifies it fine. I have 2 other monitor and tested all the calble sand both other monitors work with the display port and correctly identifies them only my main monitor it dosn't correctly identiy my monitor. The monitor that is currently not working properly is a "Corssover 27 Fast 144 Freesync" monitor. I also put back in the Vega 64 and it works fine as well.

Steps taken do far:

tested multiple cables

other monitors work fine

used AMD driver clearer tool

0 Likes
2 Replies

Here is the Korean Crossover Manufacturer website: http://crosslcd.co.kr/

But you need to translate the page into English. I could locate your Crossover Model to see if they had a Monitor Driver to download and install.

By any chance have your tried Windows 10/11 Settings -Display to see at which Resolutions your Crossover Monitor might work correctly?

Also play with Windows Settings Monitor Frequencies to see if it will display properly at a lower Frequency.

0 Likes

So once I installed the drivers the display adapter in winodw' device management only allowed for one resolution. I kept on googling some things online and finally found a post recommending using the Custom Resolution Utility CRU1.5.1. One I executed CRU it recognized my monitor instantly and all its available resolutions and speeds. I just had to push the configs to windows registry so it would allow me to select the resolutions. Also once I did that the Radeon software recognized it as well and supported Freesync .