cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

DisplayPort 1.2 not working RX 6650 XT

Hello, i just bought a displayport 1.2 cable, after trying to connect it to pc my monitor shows no signal and after connecting, reconnecting etc. still no signal idk what to do.

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

GPU: RX 6650 XT

RAM : 16GB

SSD LEXAR 500GB

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS B450M-A II

0 Likes
5 Replies

According to TechPowerUp Specs on the RX 6650 XT is uses DP Version 1.4a so you will need to purchase a DP 1.4/1.4a cable to get maximum output to your monitor:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 122552.png

Since DP version 1.4a is backwards compatible your DP 1.2 cable should work.

I would check to make sure that in both Windows Settings - Display and your Monitor OCD Menu it is configured correctly.

In Windows Setting - Display make sure you have the correct Resolution and Hz enabled and your Monitor selected as the Main Display and on your Monitor you have in the OCD Menu the input for DP 1.2, if it is an option, or DP input from PC enabled.

NOTE: Check your DP cable on another monitor and see if it works or not. Plus you need to see if your Monitor's Resolution and Frequency is supported by DP 1.2 version or not. It might be higher than 1.2 DP so you would need to lower your Monitor's Resolution and Frequency to one that is supported by DP version 1.2.

i tried using lower resolution and Hz but its still working, i have found that dispalport 1.2 can run 1080p 144hz, and even if im using dp mode in my monitor its still not working (in amd adrenaline displayport is shown when using duplicate monitor mode so cable is functional probably)

I forgot to add this but my monitor is MSI G24C6

0 Likes

How many monitors are you using? one or two?

Have you tried a different Monitor like your TV Set if it has a DP or HDMI port input on it to see if you get video output?

Any errors when you boot up on the Monitor? like Out of Range or No Signal error?

Can you upload an image of GPU-Z to see if the AMD Driver is installed correctly and it is showing all the correct data for your GPU card? 

But if don't have any video output then disregard about GPU-Z.

Also have you tried to boot up and let it continue to boot up until the HDD/SDD LED light on your PC stops blinking or it isn't solid anymore or off?

It is possible your monitor may not have video until Windows starts loading. That is why I ask to wait until you are sure that Windows is loading to see if you get any video output.

I would also see if your DP cable is good by connecting it to another PC and Monitor and see if you get video output or not. Could be a bad DP cable or one that somehow is not compatible.

Also install your GPU card in another PC and see if the same thing occurs. If it does then you might have a defective GPU card.

As an example of my experience with something similar:

When I upgraded to a Ryzen PC which I built I also didn't have any video output. So the first thing I did after hours of troubleshooting was to eliminate my GPU card from being defective. I did this by taking it to a computer shop when tested if for free. It worked first time it booted up at the computer shop. Went back home and still had the same issue. So this time I brought my entire PC without the monitor and it boot up with video without any issues. So now I now it is either my cable or monitor. Turned out to be my LG 4k Monitor is not compatible in UEFI Mode and doesn't have any video output until Windows starts loading. But did find out that my Samsung 2k TV I did have video output when booting up so I was able to enter BIOS and configure it.

You are not using a DP to HDMI or VGA or DVI-D adapter to your monitor correct? it is a straight DP to DP cable connection?

When you boot up check to see if there are any Motherboard Trouble LEDs or Digital Code lit up. It is possible that maybe the PC is not booting up or there is a GPU Trouble LED lit up on the Motherboard indicating a issue with the GPU Card.

Do you have the GPU card's PCIe8 pin power cable from the PSU to the GPU connected ?

Is your PSU stronger than 500 Watts?

NOTE: All of the above is assuming you have only one Monitor connected to your GPU card or PC.

EDIT: Make sure you have your DP cable connected to your GPU card's DP port and not your Motherboard's DP Port otherwise you wont get a video output.

0 Likes

1.Im only using one

2.Sadly i dont have any motior/TV with DP port

3.Yes after using DP it shows no signal but if i use it with HDMI its working fine

JaPosiadamMoc_0-1690451249926.png

5. and 6.  Yes im always waiting until windows/ssd loads  but still no signal. After connecting HDMI to it windows is booted so windows is working as it should be.

7. and 8. Sadly this is only pc i have here so i cant test the GPU and  DP cable

9. Yes im not using any adapters

10. Motherboard dont hsow any trouble as i said pc boots but without signal on DP, HDMI works fine

11. Yes it is connected

12. Yes i use 650 Watts

13. (note) Yes it is connected straight to GPU

Ghostness
Journeyman III

Yo!

I'm having the exact same issue, and the only common ground I found was our chipset from the motherboard be b450. I have a ryzen and GPU of the same gen as yours.

I know some time passed, but You solved or tried anything? For my case I tryed 3 different GPU and nothing from DP signal showing up, even HDMI if I use high hrz may cause the screen to black out...

I'm feeling resigned in trying to change my motherboard, but the last one I tried, a b550 didnt even get to turn on and enter in BIOS, maybe my luck was really bad and the motherboard was damaged, but who knows what it the problem, I'm willing to try again, but spend money in another motherboard if the problem its not it seems really sad.

I'm working and searching for clues for at least the same time you made your post, and until now nothing. I already tested monitor, cable, GPU and memory, only MB and CPU left... and always find the same troubleshot from everyone... its getting really annoying.

Anyway, if someone know the cause and the solution, please

0 Likes