cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Myfokfanie
Journeyman III

6900XT mem clock with multi monitors?

I see a lot of people have the mem clock issue with 144Hz monitors. This is where the mem clock ramps to max at idle, using more power and causing heat. My issue is similar, but hoping for some guidance.

I run 4 monitors, 3 being 1920x1080 at 60Hz, and the main one 4k at 60Hz. I've done research and some people can use CRU to lower lower refresh and blanking to solve the problem. I've tried, but no luck.

Here's the issue, I can run 2 1080p monitors and the 4k monitor at the same time and the mem clock ramps down and works fine, but as soon as I connect the 4th monitor (1080p @ 60Hz), it ramps to max and stays there.

Can I run all 4 at 60Hz with reduced mem clock at idle, like I do 3, or is this wishful thinking? 

I'm running an XFX 6900XT with 5600x with latest drivers (adrenaline updates optional and recommended) and Win10 64, 32Gb ram. I've tried swapping outputs (4k is on USB C via DP adaptor, two 1080p's on DP to HDMI, and other 1080p on HDMI to HDMI, filling all the 6900xt outputs).

4k is an LG 32UK550-B UHD FreeSync 32in Monitor and 1080p's are all Asus V279.

It seems like it's not a big ask to run 4 monitors at lower mem clock at idle, as 3 run fine. However, as soon as the 4th is plugged in, it ramp up. All same refresh rate.

Any help, including if CRU can help, would be very much appreciated. 

0 Likes
0 Replies