cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

aviationist
Journeyman III

6900 XT and the Pimax Crystal

I have a 6900 XT, with a Ryzen 9 5950X, and 128 GB of DDR4 at 3600 mhz. The Pimax Crystal that I have works flawlessly on another system at the house with an RTX 3060 TI, Ryzen 7 5700G, and 32 GB of unknown frequency RAM. The key difference is the AMD GPU over the Nvidia GPU. I'm starting this thread because no one seems to be talking about it. The AMD GPUs are notorious for having issues with Pimax products.

The issues that I'm having are reduced frame rates, interrupted connectivity in a fantastic assortment of ways, and game & system crashes. I saw a reddit post where an individual received a response from AMD that stated "pimax recommends Nvidia GPUs". This is correct for the most part, except where they do have an approved list of AMD GPUs (the 6900 XT is on this list). However, this is a ridiculous response from AMD, because you're basically saying don't buy AMD but buy Nvidia instead. What seems to be clear to me is that AMD is not working on compatibility issues with Pimax products.

AMD, can you please start an initiative to work on Pimax issues an keep the community informed.

Community, if you know how to correct any of these issues and or have workarounds, please post them here.

I'm in the business of solving problems, this one isn't unsolvable, let's get it done.

0 Likes
0 Replies