Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

jimraynor30
Journeyman III

No display after installing driver

Hi!

I'm setting up a new computer. Everything seems to be working fine until I reach the point when I install the GPU driver. Halfway through the installation, the screen turns black, and soon after the "no signal" message pops up. No matter how long I wait, it doesn't come back at all.

When I restart it, the BIOS splash screen shows just fine, but the moment Windows starts loading I once again have no display. It only works if I enter safe mode, where I proceed to uninstall the driver with DDU. Windows then loads just fine using the generic display driver, but as soon as I try installing the AMD driver, same problem again.

My specs:

Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2 (BIOS is updated to its most recent F64 version)
Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT
AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Patriot Viper Steel 2x 8gb 3600 Pvs48g360c8
WD Black SN770
Thermaltake Toughpower Gf1 750w

Additional details:
I have tried every driver version, from 22.5.1, all the way to the most recent 23.7.1, including both Adrenalin editions and PRO editions. I tried having Windows Update installing it for me, I tried downloading it directly from AMD, I tried letting the installer unpack the files and then pointing Device Manager in the direction of that folder. Nothing seems to work.
I tried with a monitor plugged through Displayport and a LG TV through HDMI. Same result. Both are working fine with my old computer, and both work fine with the new one until I install the driver.

Right now the OS is Windows 11 Pro, but I also tried a fresh install of Windows 10, the same happened.

I don't know what else to do, please help! Thank you!!

1 Reply
BluStu
Journeyman III

I have the same issue.  Works fine with the generic driver, but the Radeon driver dosen't connect to the monitor.  My old monitor with HDMI to DVI adapter worked fine.  My new Acer monitor with HDMI input doesn't work.

AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT graphics card

Driver version 30.0.14023.3004

Intel Core i5-4440S CPU @2.8Ghz

Did you find a solution?

0 Likes