cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Morx
Journeyman III

GPU fan & core clock fluctuating after Remote desktop session ends

I'm using windows Remote Desktop @ windows 10 22H2 to access my desktop while not at home.

It's a fresh build, pure windows, nothing tweaked.

(Ryzen 5600x - Sapphire 6700XT Pulse - Gigabyte aorus elite v2 - 2X8Gb Gskill 3200 - Corsair TX750M)

I've been checking yesterday, all my mobo temperature sensors, adjusting the case fan curves, thus I had open GPU-Z and OpenHardwareMonitor along with Gigabyte's SIV checking at random intervals, which fan i need to ramp up or down.

After some "inactivity" having remote desktop disconnected, I reconnected, just to realise that my GPU fans are on and off at 2 seconds interval. Yes, 2 seconds. They come on, they come off. Same goes for GPU core clock.

I have DISABLED fan stop in adrenaline, I have a custom fan curve... but even despite that, it's not normal to be on and off at 2 sec interval! Something is going on there....

You can see the GPU-Z sensor plot attached.

rdp issue.gif

Note that, as soon as i reconnect, everything goes back to normal, GPU fan, gpu clock etc, are working as they should.

Can someone replicate that issue?

All that it takes, is connecting through windows RDP, open up some xls files, browse (MS Edge) a while, check some emails and disconnect. The next time I'll get to my desktop through RDP i see that cyclie going on for as long as i've been disconnected.

0 Likes
3 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

When you disconnect, does it also log you out (so computer at your home is showing login screen)? If so, maybe radeon fan settings only apply when you are logged in. So when logged out, it reverts back to default behaviour and when someone logs in, his/her settings are loaded and used. Could be some reporting issue as well. Maybe software, when you are not logged in, records status only every two seconds and only that shows.

Just guessing though

0 Likes

When RDP disconnects, lock screen is active. Same goes when I connect and my desktop was previously unlocked.

The only way to "end" this cycle is by physically unlocking my PC, when i get back home.

OpenHardwareMonitor, runs as soon as my PC boots... it boots to lock screen, but it's running in the background reporting all my sensors fine.

No matter how many times i unlock or lock my workstation, timeline is consistent with no up/downs or misreporting. It only starts go bad, when I remotely connect and then disconnect RDP.

Note: RDP process uses a "virtual" display adapter to project host PC into the client you're connecting from.

0 Likes

I use virtual machine and have used rdp, but I don't think I've ever locked computer in that situation.

Strange.

0 Likes