cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

gxvin
Journeyman III

Drivers And Software

Hi if there's an AMD employee reading this nothing against you but NVIDIA is so much better its not even funny or close.  I've had 3 pre-built PCs in the past, 2 with NVIDIA and my latest one with AMD.  Everything worked fine until I got a new 144hz monitor to accompany what I thought was a nice new PC.  I then discovered that my monitors would just go black in the middle of me playing a game or browsing YouTube quite frequently.  Come to find out, that this is a very common error with AMD graphics cards!  And now to fix it, I need to take it to best buy (for the 2nd time might I add, also graphics card related, previously never had to be done with the NVIDIA pre-builds), and let them figure out what's wrong as my monitors won't even stay on for long enough to get my computer to windows recovery mode.  Say what you will about me and the way I go about fixing problems, but these kinds of things should NEVER happen, especially with pre-built PCs.  I can confidently say I will also be replacing the AMD hardware and graphics card with NVIDIA at Best Buy as well.  AMD Radeon software is centuries behind GeForce and Shadowplay for the record.  This is not a discussion or a conversation, I am just angry on Christmas. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
Qoojo
Miniboss

google "nvidia blackscreen" and educate yourself further.

Usually the cause is bad monitor, edid, cable, windows itself, or sometimes the gpu. ASUS right now has some issue with BIOS that can cause it too. But novice users typically do not understand this.

0 Likes