Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Looking for a great fan control program

Just like the title says. 

I found this program from Jays2cents

https://youtu.be/uDPKVKBMQU8?si=FTyENs-0doUDFBE8

Is there a better option out there for fan controls or is this the best one so far?

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB
6 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

That looks like a good way to control the fans if you have the patience to set it up properly.  I'm not sure how he determined quickly which fan was which after the software scanned the computer; I have lots of fans in my builds!

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

what fan control program do you utilize? 

MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC, CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600, Gigabyte RX 7600 OC, 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB

The ones that come with the motherboards, such as Armory Crate with the Asus motherboards.  I don't get into fan control that much actually, since things usually work fine for me from the start - the PCs are generally quiet and not getting hot.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

I am playing with the fan control, and I am pretty impressed with it. for me I noticed a big difference in my temps. I used to run 60-70 C on average. Now I am running 40-45 on average while not gaming. when I game i am more in the 50-60's vs. 70-80's. I used msi, and corsair prior. This program has allowed me to create a positive pressure system vs. a neutral.

Now I just need a rgb program to take over corsair. 

Axxemann
Forerunner

BIOS. Crank it up and go.

Performance over Pretty.

BIOS may be the best place to set it up. Most recent boards have intuitive GUI to make the perfect fan curve. And always work from the first moment you push Power. Also saves your memory from lots of third party software.

However... Some brands like Corsair and RoG are using proprietary controls that needs their software.

Example:

Ryujin built in VRM fan needs Armoury Crate or it won't be able to set it up.

The Englishman