cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Hiramabiff
Challenger

24 pin psu question

I am building a white build with a Corsair 6500x air flow from Corsair. I am wanting to have a clean build. Does anyone have any experience placing 90 90 degree connectors on the 24 pin to create a clean look?  

I am looking at something like this: https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Connector-Adapter-Computer-Motherboard/dp/B0B5GGPPVR/ref=sr_1_4?cri...

pros are it looks clean, I don’t know the cons. 

AsRock x670E Taichi Carrara, 6 tb of WD850 Black, CORSAIR - DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 32GB, 7800x3d, XFX - Mercury AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Magnetic Air
14 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I've never seen one of those.  I would call it a 90 degree adapter, not a 90 90 degree adapter.  None the less, it looks good and it has positive reviews.  I think cons to be worried about would be a wiring problem in possibly not connecting the right ones on either side of the adapter, but I don't think you have to worry with this one.  Give it a try.

Just so you know, I ordered one five minutes ago.  Let's share pictures of our install once we get this adapter.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Ok, my parts have arrived and I have it installed.  No problems in any way.  I recommend you get it.  I installed in on my Lian-Li-X3D computer; see this link for pictures:

https://community.amd.com/t5/red-team-modders/modding-the-lian-li-x3d-a-bit-further-with-more-rgb-ju... 

Looking good!Looking good!

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes
FunkZ
Grandmaster

The cons are the extra electrical contact points make for poor connections and introduce the potential for shorts. Just ask CableMod about their 12VHPWR angled adapter recall. The melted/burned pics from affected users all over the web are quite graphic. Personally I wouldn't trust my PC components to an unknown company named EZDIY-FAB but you do what you want.

You may want to look into motherboard rear connectors. It does require both a board and case that support it.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I will carefully examine the connections before I plug it in.  Thanks for the heads-up.  

are these only for MATX Mobo and Intell Mobo? I am having problems finding amd versions in ATX 

AsRock x670E Taichi Carrara, 6 tb of WD850 Black, CORSAIR - DOMINATOR TITANIUM RGB 32GB, 7800x3d, XFX - Mercury AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Magnetic Air

I thought they would fit all motherboards, except for the back-connect ones.

0 Likes

I was referencing the back plug in for the mother boards. I only have found msi to have the back motherboard and that is only in the Matx version. Asus looks like it is only intel. 

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I've used their products without issues myself

Ryzen 7800X3D - Radeon 7900XT - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Send pics of the build when you finish it. I really like the 6500 series.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

I plan on doing pictures. I am just torn with the mother board right now. I really want to find aftermarket connectors to make a sharp clean look. My next buy will be the 360 AIO cooler. I am utilizing the Icue Link System to cut down on wires. I am torn between the normal mount for the GPU or do the Vertical Mount. 

6500 Series Vertical GPU Mount Kit, White (corsair.com)

I am really thinking the vertical mount will look better. I just have to find the 90 degree connectors that are good and not crap. 

I think I will go with the 1000w PSU to make sure i have power to burn. 

I found some info on my case so I think I found my motherboard. 

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X670E%20Taichi%20Carrara/index.asp

the specs say a EATX will fit

IMG_0074.pngIMG_0075.png

That board is sick. I was looking at that one but I can't quite afford it.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Ah, but a web cam doesn't cost very much.....

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

😄

all I am doing is saving up a little per pay period and getting one part at a time.  My next purchase is the AIO. I can recycle my graphics card until I can get the one I want. Which will be a white one of course to match the case. 

ASRock X670E Taichi Carrara vs MSI MPG X670E Carbon WiFi: What is the difference? (versus.com)