cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

A Hobby, you have one right?

Do you guys spend every minute working hard?

That's what I thought. 😉

Let me start:
We only get this life right? So I want to try a bit of everything and everywhere. From cars, to simulated combat, nerdy board games, adrenaline sports, travel and lately content creation.

I was a founding member of a Car Club Forum, known as FordPumaPT to share experiences and have meetings all over the  country with Ford Puma owners. Did some Airsoft (which is a more simulated version of Paintball). From Kayak, Rafting to Doom Board Games. Keep yourself alive!

johnnyenglish_0-1648845868224.png

johnnyenglish_1-1648846976842.png

The Englishman
15 Replies
venaur
Elite

Oh thats cool. Most of my hobbies involve gaming or just doing stuff with friends/family. Most recently we went and dug for diamond and crystals. Found some pretty awesome crystals, but no diamonds. 

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I was into motorcycles over a number of years, starting from late high school (graduated in 1977) to around 1990 (moved from CA to VA in a job transfer), and then from 2005 on to 2020 when I was riding a Harley Davidson Fat Boy. I had a chopper too, which was a 50th birthday present from my wife. There was also a Harley Ultra touring bike as my retirement gift in 2014. But now, I don't ride at all. I sold all the bikes because my right wrist just aches too much after even a short ride. This wrist was smashed in 1983 when an assigned-risk driver in LA hit me when I was riding home from work. I woke up in the hospital with no memory of the accident (my helmet had come off and my wrist was in traction). Now it's mostly cats and building computers. Oh, there is wine too. We enjoy visiting wineries out here in Virginia.

My 2004 Pitbull Drop-Seat-S chopper.My 2004 Pitbull Drop-Seat-S chopper.My 2005 H-D Fatboy at the same Hooters in Woodbridge, VA.My 2005 H-D Fatboy at the same Hooters in Woodbridge, VA.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
tenzo23
Elite

I'm always doing something with cars. Used to be big on car audio. Now I mostly do detailing and whatever repairs are needed.

Full sound deadening before stereo install.Full sound deadening before stereo install.

Replaced AC compressor and condenser. Not fun.Replaced AC compressor and condenser. Not fun.

IMG_0934.JPG

Clay bar, random orbital buff and polish, sealant, and glazeClay bar, random orbital buff and polish, sealant, and glaze

/sig Fun guy.

@johnnyenglish wrote:

Do you guys spend every minute working hard?

I spend too many minutes working hard. 😂 You're right though, we only live once. Best to make the most of it while we all still can, for sure.

My hobbies are similar to @venaur - most involve gaming or spending time with friends. Over the past few years I've started collecting model horses (I did not paint them!) and showing them when I can. I also have some plants that I'm constantly trying to keep alive. 😅 Other than that I like to read and just sit outside and nature watch - squirrels and birds. Pretty simple but it's a nice reprieve from how busy the rest of my life is. xD

A sampling of my horses - I have a lot more than this lol 😂

PXL_20211230_155656335.jpg 

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
Raven164
Journeyman III

Driving lotto new and sporty cars and playing games whole night. MyGiftCardSite

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

I'm into RC Cars (I have a fully customized 4 x 4 10 scale Slash by Traxxas and a  4 x 4 Fusion Kit by ProLine). I'm waiting for the weather to get warmer to run them again; and this time around, I'm taking my 6 year old boy with me. Hopefully we won't smash them! I'm also into modeling, mainly post-cold war fighter jets by Tamiya.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

I have a variety of hobbies, some of which I've since stepped away from (for now). I'm into:

1. Collecting mechanical keyboards (mostly Cherry MX and Topre)

2. Horology aka collecting watches, I have a small and modest collection of budget to entry level luxury watches.....nothing spectacular like Patek, A. Lange & Sohne, etc (too rich for my blood).

3. Headphones, I have a mix of entry level to mid level cans that I'd rotate from time to time.

Being a retiree, I can't afford to splurge too much on 2. and 3. any more, I mean, a man's gotta eat, right? 

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2

@MikeySCT I've become interested in mechanical keyboards recently. Do you have any photos? Also horology - well that's a new word to me, lol. Learn something new everyday. 😆

---
Ashley
0 Likes

I do have a good number of keyboards, but my fav switch type is Topre, and have collected a few such keyboards:

Below are some of my Topre keyboards (did I mention that it's my fav switch! 😉), from left (top to bottom);

Coolermaster Nova Touch Topre with those Miami pink and blue ABS double-shot keycaps

Leopold FC660C

CoolerMaster Nova Touch with (Star Trek) Galaxy PBT keycaps

Right, top to bottom

2x HHKB Pro 2 (I'd swapped the keycaps with each other as I like the contrast)

RealForce 103UB 55G with 3rd party yellow PBT dye-sub keycaps (my fav due to its heavier switch)

C4fejV3

One of my Ducky Cherry MX keyboards with white Pudding shine through keycap set...

orYiNKE

Swapped out the Miami keycaps on the Nova Touch with a set of PBT keycaps I'd gotten from Aliexpress, can't recall what it was called though....Honey? Bee? Honey bee? Sorry, can't remember!

NqFagji

A Filco Majestouch with some 3rd party keycaps, I like that the off-white of the keycaps just about (but not quite) match the off-white color of the Filco case....

336WO5u

AM4 R9 5900X | GB X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX |Samsung C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 FS 2 | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | CM H500M | Win11 Pro 22H2
DaBeast02 - AM4 R9 3900X | GB X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Acer XR341CK 34" 21:9 FS | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | SOLDAM XR-1 | Win11 Pro 22H2

@MikeySCT wrote:

One of my Ducky Cherry MX keyboards with white Pudding shine through keycap set...

orYiNKE

Big want! 😍 Those are all amazing looking keyboards! I can see the appeal of collecting them. Do they require any kind of special upkeep or maintenance? 

---
Ashley
0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

I really enjoy cooking, that is probably my main hobby outside of Video Games right now.

I especially like to make elaborate dishes, I think I enjoy the challenge and coming out at the end with a successful dish that people can enjoy. 

My wife on the other hand, although she enjoys and supports my love for complicated dishes, she just wishes I didn't use so many pots/pans/plates and kept the kitchen cleaner hahahahaha.

e376a87de4ccc20bc60126f215528965

Don't worry, I clean up my own mess.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

@Key-J wrote:

Don't worry, I clean up my own mess.

A person who cleans up after themselves in the kitchen? 🙊giphy

---
Ashley

@Ashley_AMD 

Not really, as long as you rotate and use them from time to time, they should function normally. I do have one keyboard that I've not used for a long time (about 5 years perhaps), it still works, but sometimes a keystroke results in double to triple keystrokes (like typing 'r' and getting 'rr' or 'rrr'). My other keyboards, those that I've rotated from time-to-time are working flawlessly.

I got some yet I do song writing, lyricism, and bit of rapping

Just testing myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbdcInYG0uo
0 Likes
sabirhussain
Journeyman III

That sounds like an incredible journey! Being a founding member of the FordPumaPT Car Club Forum must have been an exciting and rewarding experience. Exploring different adventures, from Airsoft to paintballing, rafting, and even enjoying board games like Doom, shows your vibrant passion for staying active and embracing life. Keep up the adventurous spirit and continue creating amazing memories!