Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

LordOdin
Adept II

Windows 11 Updates

Hi

I recently bought a AMD Based Computer with Windows 11 installed, it has a Ryzen 5600G Processor and i am using the onboard graphics or trying to use. Everytime i update the Adrenalin software after turning the PC off and returning Windows 11 has reinstalled it's own Drivers and i am having to reinstall Adrenalin over and over again. I have turned automatic updates off and it's still doing it. It's got a bit annoying having to re-install sometimes 3 times a day so any help appreciated.

1 Solution

If you have Windows 11 Pro or newer than you can use Group Policy to disable Windows Driver Updates from downloading and installing drivers from Windows Update.

If you have Windows 11 Home it is a little bit more complicated to prevent drivers from being installed by Windows Update.

This Windows 11 tech site shows you the steps on how to disable Drivers from being installed by Windows Update: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2...

You can download a REG File to change Windows Registry in disabling Windows Update drivers from the link above. This is the only method you have if you are using the "HOME" edition.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If you have Windows 11 Pro or newer than you can use Group Policy to disable Windows Driver Updates from downloading and installing drivers from Windows Update.

If you have Windows 11 Home it is a little bit more complicated to prevent drivers from being installed by Windows Update.

This Windows 11 tech site shows you the steps on how to disable Drivers from being installed by Windows Update: https://www.elevenforum.com/t/enable-or-disable-include-drivers-with-windows-updates-in-windows-11.2...

You can download a REG File to change Windows Registry in disabling Windows Update drivers from the link above. This is the only method you have if you are using the "HOME" edition.

Hi

Thanks for that. I have decided to get a RX 5700 XT that i should be getting next week all being well and i think it uses the same Adrenalin Software so the last thing i want to be doing is Reinstalling Drivers everyday. I am totally new to Windows 11 and until i just seen your reply was thinking of going back to Windows 10 so i really appreciate your help and advice.

hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Sad fact is that you must use the group policy editor to stop the madness.  I've never had to do it before W11 but I did it to keep my adrenaline install from getting borked by WU. 

At the same time on my other W11 pro build WU never tries to usurp the Nvidia drivers so go figure.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

That is a surprising behavior with Windows 11.  I wonder if other people are having the problem.  I am running two computers with the AMD Ryzen 5700G and Ryzen 5600G and I have not noticed a reinstall going on.  Mind you I haven't checked for that either.  Both machines are running Windows 11 Home I believe.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes