cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

deadboydoodling
Journeyman III

Windows 11 - AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT Black screen & disabled driver

Hello! I bought my very first gaming computer (pre-built) in September and I immediately had issues with it randomly black-screening. I had a headache trying to figure out what was wrong with it. It would happen unpredictably, and I would have to turn the computer off while the monitor was black by using my keyboard. After so many tests and attempts at posted solutions online, it seemed to go away. It was no longer crashing while simply having google open. 

Recently, I got into Sims again and downloaded all my packs to play... and alas, the issue is back again. Randomly, it can be a minute into launch or four hours into it, my screen crashes. Unfortunately, it's not just during Sims. I only had youtube open and it black-screened. 

When it black screens, the AMD driver is disabled. I have to enable it, where I get an error 31 code. I update it by manually picking the most recent download. It installs. Seemingly, it appears to be acting like normal..... until it decides to crash yet again. 

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphic cards through ddu. I've turned off window's ability to manually update the driver. I've uninstalled AMD adrenaline software and just have the most recent driver. 

I don't know what steps to take, and I'm feel pretty burnt out after 5 hours of research between today & yesterday. 

If anyone can help, it would be GREATLY appreciated. 

0 Likes
0 Replies