cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

indio99
Journeyman III

Upgrading GPU advice

Just finished a new build, upgrading from my old 6th gen intel and a 1060, and the new build is a Ryzen 7700 in a Hyte Y60 and looking to go to 1440p.
Now, the question is of which GPU to get, what I have access to is very limited and need a hand making a decision.
I've narrowed it down to the following (prices in AUD);
MSI's 6800XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB or PowerColor's 6800XT Red Dragon for 850 before shipping.
Sapphire's 7900XT or ASUS 7900XT for 1300, both of which has a USB-C output (something i'd prefer if possible) and able to be picked up locally with no need for shipping (XTX version is also available for around 200 more).

0 Likes
4 Replies
harrykheepal
Adept I

I think the cheapest 7900 xt or xtx is MSI Trio model.

0 Likes
tanazzz
Adept III

Take a long look around this forum and see the amount of unresolved issues people are having with RDNA3. Actually not even unresolved, the right word is unacknowledged. And now think about if you really want to inflict this **bleep**storm on yourself. If you really truely HAVE to buy an AMD GPU at least get an RDNA2 as the issues there are much more minor.

0 Likes

Make sure you have a strong enough PSU to run those high-powered AMD GPU cards.

Here are the versions of DP and HDMI that Ryzen 7700x supports:

Display outputs DP 1.4a, HDMI 2.1

If you google DP 1.4a and HDMI 2.1 you will find that it will support 1440p.

0 Likes
DeNobody1
Adept I

I guess it boils back to budget right , 850 for 6800xt or 1300 7900xt  , if the difference of 450 for the c port is worth it?

0 Likes