cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

DarrenJ1982
Adept II

Upgraded to Sapphire 6650xt OC. stutters in game

Hi guy's been upgrading whole system. I have 3600x processor , 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz , msi b350 gaming mobo ( only thing not upgraded ), nvme 1tb hd and seperate ssd with windows on. 

I bought and installed Sapphire 6650xt OC yesterday and removed my Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb. I used ddu before replacing card then installed everything fresh from AMD.

The card itself is performing fabulous at 1440p in all games I have tried but the only issue I am having is these very small micro stutters. Rocket League is best example as had zero issues with gtx 1060. Once match is just kicking off as soon as kick off happens micro stutters start for roughly 25-30 seconds , after a while it seems to be fine so i am wondering is this a shader cache issue ? I see in Adrenalin there is no way to increase shader cache size , i have reset shader cache but no difference. 

Game is running at 165fps with Freesync on and vsync disabled. Tried all combinations though. Monitor is 165hz. 

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into this as it's only thing troubling me with the card , apart from that it's excellent.

Thankyou.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Have worked it out. Had Xbox controlle in front usb port. took it out , no stutters. Tried another device in one of front ports , again stutters. So it's front usb ports all along , have disconnected front usb header cable and all is fine.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Dragokar
Miniboss

Just a shot, your temperature on the GPU and the CPU are fine? Could you try it with vsync and without Freesync? Just to rule it out.

Hi yeah temps are totally fine. Just tried what you said and it does not do the stutters. Why would Freesync cause this any ideas ?

0 Likes

Update - That was temporary it wasn't the fix , it soon happened again. This is infuriating. Game run like butter on GTX 1060 6GB this has to be a shader cache issue im almost convinced. No idea why you cant increase shader cache only option being reset which person decided to even implement that. If it's not that then has to be latest driver issue im fed up right now.

0 Likes
Mikko91
Adept III

My Guess is Min/Max clock values ​​atleast min its can cause stutters or bad cpu settings Bios updated Chipset driver installed correctly?

0 Likes

I already set the min clock to near max to test that theory. cpu settings are all good , latest amd bios, chipset drivers done fine. I think issue was freesync like drago said above.

0 Likes
Dragokar
Miniboss

Are u using any other sync like enhanced sync or anti lag? Try to set it to e.g. 75-142.

0 Likes

Tried freesync on own , freesync with vsync , freesync with enchanced sync. tried with and without anti lag on. limited fps to 162 etc still same issue.

0 Likes

Did you set a min fps?

0 Likes

Have worked it out. Had Xbox controlle in front usb port. took it out , no stutters. Tried another device in one of front ports , again stutters. So it's front usb ports all along , have disconnected front usb header cable and all is fine.

Weird issue but I am glad you could figure it out.

Thankyou pal and thanks for help.

Thought it was fixed i was incorrect it's back again ffs at this point im blaming the gpu because there was zero issues with gtx 1060. Im absolutely fed up now because i have no idea what to do anymore.

0 Likes

Is it only in one game? Did you try another cable?

0 Likes

Are the ports USB2 or less, and did you use USB3.0 or better headers? Those dont play nice often... 

Nice catch btw

0 Likes

yeah used the usb 3.0 headers cos there usb 3.0. Sadly this wasnt the fix ive posted again but no replies sadly im fed up. 4 days now trying to work it out im now thinking its an amd issue.

0 Likes