cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Vrushadwaj
Journeyman III

How to force the use of the dedicated graphics card in a laptop?

I'm unable to use full power of 6gb dedicated gpu for demanding applications instead my laptop uses ryzen integrated graphics for rendering purposes. And I even tried some ways to solve this but there is no GPU workload option in the latest version of AMD software adrenaline edition.  I've even set the application to high performance nvidia yet still the application uses cpu for rendering.

How can I force my laptop applications to use the dedicated gpu for heavy applications ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have Windows 11 Settings but it should be the same for Windows 10 or very similar:

Screenshot 2023-06-19 075040.png

I used GPU-Z as an example only. If your games or programs aren't showing up then you need to manually add it from the top under "Add an App".

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Windows Settings under "Graphics" is where you can set in your laptop which GPU (Dedicated or Discrete)  to use with a specific program.

AMD now has Windows decide which GPU to use in Windows Settings instead of in Radeon Settings.

Vrushadwaj
Journeyman III

"AMD now has Windows decide which GPU to use in Windows Settings instead of in Radeon Settings."

Where can I find this ?

0 Likes

I have Windows 11 Settings but it should be the same for Windows 10 or very similar:

Screenshot 2023-06-19 075040.png

I used GPU-Z as an example only. If your games or programs aren't showing up then you need to manually add it from the top under "Add an App".

Thank you for the solution.

I came found this website https://essay-maker.online when looking for internet essay writing services to help me write my essay. On this website, I can simply get professional essay writing services to help me improve and personalise my essay.